ghostrunner wrote:actually i was chewing over just using the center crew quarters and maybe a part of the biosphere. since we can edit this we can take a lot of the ship offline due to damage and leave enough around for everyone whos participating to have thier own area. we could toss in some teleport system keyed for screw ups when we want to have a group interact. since theres nothing hard or fast set here something the size of florida and something the size of jupiter would to visitors be almost identical. not saying its either, but teleport systems is a rapid easy way to get from point a to point b while giving everyone the cameo interaction they need to flesh out thier stories.
how do you plan to do it ?
no areas of the ship except the bridge , med lab and biospheres have there own life support
the rest of the ship when powered uses the life support of the biospheres who when maintaining only their own life support use 15 % of their life support infrastructure
when a ship works all the living crew are in stasis and only the navigator/commender or the master engineer are woken up periodically to make system checks and to do manual course corrections when needed
and jim the rear biospheres have 8 levels each around 60 km diameter we can use the one or two bottom levels for intermingling and the rest partition off and give each group its own area
and there all ready is teleport system there but without the master controlling AI the teleport will have around 65 % chance bringing to where you ask for. the 35% chance left you end up somewhere random (but it never will send you somewhere dangerous or deadly)