The year to come...

Announcements, news about the Webcomic Crossover & Cameo Archive, as well as ideas for new features.

Moderator: Hogan

The year to come...

Postby Hogan » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:37 pm

Already now we are a few days into the year of 2010 (my bet are you will NOT be spared the obvious references...), the holidays are almsot over and I've had some time to look back and forth...

At this time I should do New Years resolution which, if all was well, should consist of promises to update more frequently, get back to people faster and concentrate more on my projects... unfortunately it will not be so, quite the opposite in fact.

The last month of 2009 has been a drag for me, by various reasons, job and family being the most prominent, I've been more or less wasted, suffering from lag of sleep and high levels of stress and anxiousness. People who know me also knows that I'm usually in a permanent state of tiredness and sleep depravation, but throughout December it became so bad that I hardly could concentrate on anything, only trying to keep my head above the water... when you go to bed unsure if you will wak up again, its no longer fun.
Because of this many of my projects have suffered, I have lagged behind updating on the Archive, the Capers, blogging, answering post and emails, even forgetting some, and I've even been unable to complete my own gift for the Secret Santa I started myself... all this I am far from happy with...

It doesn't look any better for 2009, and with my internet time reduced to a 2-4 hours a day, among others because of new work-policy and situation as well as general tax-situation, but also again because of family and sharing of computers... all in all things that'll hold me back.

Lets get honest, I will NOT abandon any of my projects, that much I can say, but the degree on which I will be working on them will be severaly delayed and/or postponed, but I WILL get back to them as soon as I find the time of the day/week, hopefully managing to secure some extra time on weekend to catch up, and I WILL get back on any messages/mails I received as well as trying to address any situations I need to... just give me some time... too many things to do, so little time.

Now, this post is not for sulking and whining, its just intended to tell why I, at least for some time to come, suck (more than usual) at keeping up and/or getting back to people...

Else I would like to thank everybody who've supported and been in touch during the last year, hope to see you all around in the year to come, despite any shortcomings around here :cheers:

- Hogan
Avatar is Hogan cameoing in Misfits of Mischief by ROAR
Hogan
DM of Deities

Re: The year to come...

Postby ghostrunner » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:13 pm

the text book discription of stress is waking up screaming only to discover you havent gone to sleep yet >_>
may all your hauntings be full apparition- jim
ghostrunner
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Postby Hogan » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:53 am

I wasn't sure where to post this, but... here goes

On top of everything else, my PC chose this morning to present me with a blue screen I, despite many tries, was unable to get around and into the actual system... hence I am effectively cut off from anything I have on the PC, including internet and mail...

I am writing this at 2 AM after we have rigged up our old work laptop with emergency settings, but its not a stable solution... unfortunately I cannot say how long that will last.
I don't have the tech-expertise to go in depth with my PC-problems, nor do I have any at hand who can help, but I'm looking around.... furthermore I can't say if my economy will let me get professionel help or a new secondary one, updated laptop preferely, as we've talked about lately...

The bottomline is... on top of everything else, I may now not even be around for some time at all... days.. weeks, I cannot say, I just know that I will return again, hopefully when my other situation have improved too.
I will try to keep an eye out when I can, trying to see if I can sneak in at the office too, but for now I can't even promise to get back anytime soon.

Take good care of the forum in the meantime

- Hogan
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby ghostrunner » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:18 am

i wish you good luck, hogan. and some sort of magic technology :)
ghostrunner
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Postby Hogan » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:49 am

Thanks Ghost, I could really use that now...

Quick update:,

Good news, I've gotten an external harddrive and saved all my files from my PC harddrive, so nothing should be lost... also we've gotten a new laptop, so my connection should be assured from now on. :)

Bad news, whats caused the failout on my PC seems worse than expected, perhaps even hardware failure. I have been unable to restore the platform or even format everything and start it up anew, everything is blocked... so, despite the laptop I won't get any work done before I somehow get the stationary fixed, I need a stable base to work with, and a laptop is just not such one... :(

Damn I feel so useless...
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby ghostrunner » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:05 am

you can only do what you can do,
peace
ghostrunner
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Postby Hogan » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:48 am

Peace helps...

Actually, there are finally some good news ahead... I've slowly managed to rid myself of some of the anxiousness and gotten a little more strength and energy back, a meeting with a doctor and a referral to a psychologist can hopefully help with the psychological part of my tiredness/downtime so I can fight my way fully back.

Also on the plus side, I've been promised professional help with my stationary... turns out a small company specialized in salvaging and restoring data... sometimes from scratch, owed my dad favour, so they'll be taking a look at my pc next week. Here's to hoping we can at least manage to secure and erase it so I can start installing anew...
In the meantime I have finally managed to get some resemblance of a workstation set up on the new laptop and its Windows 7 64 bit Deadtrap, meaning that I am now able to, by a fashion, actually working with my files (through my external backup)... this could mean that I over the weekend can get back to catching up a little on everything I have so sorely fallen behind with... :)

Here's crossing fingers...
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby ghostrunner » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:36 am

rack 'em eack 'em rack 'em rake!!! stick that sword into that snake!!
ghostrunner
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Postby Hogan » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:38 am

Ghost, you are like having ones own team of cheerleaders :)

Good news ahead! I've received news that my PC should now be fixed, although formated to scratch (thank the Gods for complete backups!). I should pick it up Monday, and after, hopefully, having installed everything again I should be back in business!
... and as I have at least gotten a semblance of my life under control in the meantime, within the next week I should be able to slowly start getting back at catching up on the Archive... babysteps to begin with, I won't risk anything...

Tomorrow however, there's a thing I got to get myself together to do... something to celebrate...
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby Hogan » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:33 pm

Thread closed, 2010 will happen as it falls...
Hogan
DM of Deities

Return to The Archive