Guest Strips?

Announcements, news about the Webcomic Crossover & Cameo Archive, as well as ideas for new features.

Moderator: Hogan

Should Guest Comics be added to the Archive?

Yes
75%
No
25%

Total votes : 4

Guest Strips?

Postby Hogan » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:55 pm

So far I've had the policy, that if a cameo in a strip was part of a guest comic (mostly fillers) by another author, then I would not count it among the "true" cameos and references, thereby adding it to the archive.

Now, after the Archive has been up for quite some time and we've surpassed the 350 comic added, I've realized that we, because of this rule of the thumb, leave out quite a lot of interesting cameos, so now I'm thinking of adding them anyway...

BUT... is this a good idea as it sounds? It can be pretty crowded in the various entries, and the Archive might be downgraded in overall quality?

I've been thinking that IF I decide to add the guest strips, I might add something like a (G) to mark it as a guest strip, but I'm not quite sure yet...

Still, whats your thoughts on this? Any comments that might help me to solve this dilemma are more than welcome!
Avatar is Hogan cameoing in Misfits of Mischief by ROAR
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby KAM » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:55 am

IF guest strips are added they should definitely be marked differently.

Possibly even give them their own listing, such as "Guest Strips" or "Guest Cameo/Crossovers".

However it's up to you to make this decision, not me.
KAM

Postby Mravac Kid » Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:36 pm

Yeah, if you do take that on, it might be a good idea to keep them separated from cameos and crossovers.
Also, there's tons and tons of them, so it will be a big challenge... if you feel up to it, go ahead.
Ride The Wild Wind - Push the envelope, don't sit on the fence
Ride The Wild Wind - Live life on the razor's edge
Mravac Kid
Hardened Rookie
Hardened Rookie

Postby NinjaNick » Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:15 am

I think it should come with a (g) marked in the guest crossovers of the comic. *shrugs*
NinjaNick

Postby Hogan » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:50 pm

Okay, since the poll (ahem!) goes for gueststrips containing cameos being added to The Archive, and because I feel like it, I've decided to start adding gueststrips that fits the general criteria (that is, they must contain cameos or sure references... just like all the other strips! :wink: ).

So far I've tested the idea with adding a gueststrip to the Queen of Wands entry, complete with test-graphic in style with the MA-warning...

So, what do yo say? Is it obvious enough, or does it spoil the layout? C&C welcome!
Avatar is Hogan cameoing in Misfits of Mischief by ROAR
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby KAM » Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:05 am

The white on black stands out.
KAM

Return to The Archive