Webcomic Crossovers on Deviant Art

The place for talking, announcing or working on new crossovers/cameos and references, as well as bringing them to the Cameotrackers attention so that they can be added to the Archive.

Moderator: Hogan

Webcomic Crossovers on Deviant Art

Postby Hogan » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:07 pm

I know I really shouldn't start up any more projects, I got enough (fun) ones on my plate as it is, but as I tend to hang around on Deviant Art to relax (I consider DA my FB, where all the unnecessary tidbits are boild down to art, artworks and presentations), and here I have over time seen several pieces of art which would have given me work on the Archive had they been presented in a comic and not, as here, in the form of fanart of just a arting excercise.

I had an idea of collecting those images into a DA-group at one point, but it wasn't before the TheCosmicBeholder announced his intention to do a series of team-up images between his and other comics, that I finally decided that NOW was the time!

So now, if any of you cameowhores tends to be on Deviant Art, we got the Webcomic Crossovers Group up and online! :cheers:

This thread will be for any discussions, suggestions and ideas for that group that cannot go to the site itself... should there be any along the way :-
Avatar is Hogan cameoing in Misfits of Mischief by ROAR
Hogan
DM of Deities

Re: Webcomic Crossovers on Deviant Art

Postby KarabearComics » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:15 am

I can't join the group. It says that join requests are closed.
All the bad things in life only help you appreciate the good even more.
KarabearComics
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Postby reinder » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:03 pm

I would like to join as well. Got a crossoverish thing coming up Real Soon NOw.
Reinder Dijkhuis
Rogues of Clwyd-Rhan | Blog
reinder
Cameowhore in training
Cameowhore in training

Location: On cartoon street corners offering appearances to any comic characters that catch my eye

Postby Hogan » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:33 pm

Meeh, sorry, the option for "New members need invitation" was standard flagged... it should be unflagged now :|
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby Hogan » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:24 pm

Oh, and I've added a sub-section to deal with webcomic strips containing cameos.

Seeing as several artists have such strips showcased on DA, we might as well collect them all at one place :-)
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby Hogan » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:15 pm

The DA Group is off to a good run with new crossover/cameo artwork being added almost on a daily basis (not to mention that many of the "usual suspects" of webcomic cameowhoring seems to gyrate towards the Group too... ;) ).

There's talk about adding Jenny Everywhere as a institution herself so that artwork featuring her and characters of other comics will get their own subsection.

So, if you are on DeviantArt, step by and drop you 5 cent (and a submission or two if you got them!) :cheers:

- Hogan
Hogan
DM of Deities

Return to Where the worlds come together