CROSSOVERKILL ends today...

The place for talking, announcing or working on new crossovers/cameos and references, as well as bringing them to the Cameotrackers attention so that they can be added to the Archive.

Moderator: Hogan

CROSSOVERKILL ends today...

Postby alschroeder » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:52 pm

The comments thread is inviting questions, so if there are any questions on how we did it, who was picked, etc., you might be interested.---Al
Al Schroeder III of MINDMISTRESS http://mindmistress.comicgenesis.com----the greatest super power of all.
alschroeder
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Re: CROSSOVERKILL ends today...

Postby Hogan » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:42 pm

Oh! Oh! I got one! :D

How did you manage to limit yourselves?

I know there has probably been thousands of things popping up in your minds along the way that you wanted to bring into the story but had so seeve apart... how did you make the choices?

Also, thanks to you and the rest of the partners in crime for the crossoverfull comic and story you've pulled of for the last couple of years, can't wait to see what you'll be up to next :cheers:
Avatar is Hogan cameoing in Misfits of Mischief by ROAR
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby alschroeder » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:29 am

Well, we had to keep it a LITTLE focused. And it helped we had a clearer focus of where we were going to end up than CROSSOVERLORD. Both had strengths---CROSSOVERLORD had the pleasurable back-and-forth between me and Neil and Mindmistress/Dasien. CROSSOVERKILL was the tighter story, CROSSOVERLORD the more groundbreaking. Both had strengths.

Um. About CROSSOVERPOWER...

Well, I'll be picking your brains collectively on some odd questions. And like the "Deaths" question I did before we started CROSSOVERKILL, there is a method to my madness.
--Al
Al Schroeder III of MINDMISTRESS http://mindmistress.comicgenesis.com----the greatest super power of all.
alschroeder
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Postby KarabearComics » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:57 am

Like I mention repeatedly: I would love to be involved in Crossoverpower. Really, I love seeing my characters cross over, and I love writing fun and interesting stories. And you would get somebody who has a fast page turnaround, which wouldn't be bad.

Of course, one thing I would love to see is how my characters would interact with Mindmistress. I do have a scenario in my head that would work well with her and Sparkle, and kind of one with her and Eiderdown. The others would be fun for such things, too.

Still, I would be the one to try and push for a print version, because I'm like that.

An annoying thing, though? I had a cool scene envisioned for Crossoverkill (during one of the hiatuses) that I never got around to drawing. It was going to feature some Doppelgangers trying to capture the death of one of my universes. I'd wanted to design it as filler, so that if there was another hiatus, I could slot it in--even going so far as thinking that the Gangers (all ones I'd have created) would mention that they're not sure capturing this death is even needed (not having been in contact with Presideath as often as some others), an addition made around the time the comic left the SuperFogeys reality.

Since I'm not likely to do the sequence (considering the state of the comic now), I'll mention it here:

A schoolbus is driving along when an explosion sends it off the road. We see two Gangers on a hillside watching this happen, one of them with the detonator. They go down closer to the bus and watch as three figures enter. The Gangers are confused as to which one is Death.

One of the figures is holding a clipboard, looking very professional. Another looks rather normal. The third is a tall androgynous figure in white robes (the one I most thought of a design for). The one with the clipboard checks said clipboard and points out different individuals. The "normal" one comes up to these individuals and pulls their souls from their bodies. The androgynous one waits to usher them all to the other side (hence, they each have a different duty a Death normally has). When they come to the last one, the one with the clipboard tells the "normal" one to stop, then to continue, then to stop again, getting frustrated.

It is then shown that one of the Gangers has an hourglass pendant around their neck, turning it every couple seconds. It would likely be explained that the Ganger can turn back time for a couple seconds with it, only effective on one person at a time. With the three Death figures confused and distracted, the other Ganger captures them.

It's not much, but I liked the idea. I like the idea of a system like that: one is a chooser, one is a reaper, one is a psychopomp (I've also thought of a silly psychopomp--a character named Psychopomp, who ushers the souls of the deceased into the underworld by putting them in his or her enormous pompadeur; oh, how I love silly humor like that).

Anyways, I do agree that Kill was tighter than Lord. However, Lord had a greater scope to it, a bigger feeling. Maybe part of it is that we didn't know Presideath's intentions until the end, while we knew Smiling Man's from the beginning--and Smiling Man's plan was immediately threatening all realities. Still, neither one is better than the other, that's for sure. Both definitely were incredibly fun to read.
All the bad things in life only help you appreciate the good even more.
KarabearComics
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Return to Where the worlds come together