Firstverse

The place for talking, announcing or working on new crossovers/cameos and references, as well as bringing them to the Cameotrackers attention so that they can be added to the Archive.

Moderator: Hogan

Firstverse

Postby alschroeder » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:25 pm

The next two weeks or so in MINDMISTRESS should be pretty interesting for anyone interested in a multiverse.

You have been alerted.

---Al
Al Schroeder III of MINDMISTRESS http://mindmistress.comicgenesis.com----the greatest super power of all.
alschroeder
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Re: Firstverse

Postby Hogan » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:13 am

... now why does your announcements always give me both a sense of dread and excitement Al? ;)
Avatar is Hogan cameoing in Misfits of Mischief by ROAR
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby fesworks » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:04 pm

I'm already apart of a multiverse continuity tho o_O
fesworks
Charging Knight
Charging Knight

Postby ghostrunner » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:20 pm

official dread overcomming innitial sense
may all your hauntings be full apparition- jim
ghostrunner
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Postby alschroeder » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:49 pm

This is a concept which will play well with others. Trust me.

And hey, Ringo in CROSSOVERLORD's already mentioend the Firstverse.---Al
Al Schroeder III of MINDMISTRESS http://mindmistress.comicgenesis.com----the greatest super power of all.
alschroeder
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Postby alschroeder » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:47 pm

You might want to check out today's update. The comments underneath, I hope, will be of interest to.

Would you believe the secret origin of...the multiverse?

More next time.---Al
alschroeder
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Postby fesworks » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:42 pm

I'll have to see how things play out before considering it canon on PSI. May or may not come into play in the future.... as far as the Multiverse is concerned for PSI anyway.

EDIT: I don't mean this a slight against you. I'm just saying, in general, as I have been trying to outline the extended universe PSI is apart of.
fesworks
Charging Knight
Charging Knight

Postby KAMics » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:27 pm

On the other hand maybe the Firstverse is just an insane AI claiming credit for something it didn't really create? :wink:

It did get me thinking of another webcomic, Division/Bell, which, IIRC claims that the multiverse was created by the ringing of a magic bell. The author mentioned it in this thread, scroll down to the 11th post (by feyd » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:18 pm). Not sure if it's actually come up in his comic yet.

Edit: I did reference the idea in this comic though.
The KAMics - Comic
The KAMics - Comic Mirror
KAMic's Kast - Who's Who
KAM's Fanart - Fanart
KAM's Books - My work in print
KAMics
#1 CameoWhore
#1 CameoWhore

Postby fesworks » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:12 pm

I have the same problem with St. Elsewhere, where one thing claims to be the root of all television sitcom. Or if someone would try to make a "definitive" origin story for all of Jenny Everywhere (of which is incredibly taboo).

I'm not going to make a stink about it. I just may not say its canon to PSI. Though *a* multiverse does exist for PSI (to an extent). May not be the same multiverse as spun from Mind Mistress.
fesworks
Charging Knight
Charging Knight

Postby alschroeder » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:31 pm

No one is obliged to accept it. But I'm working on the page that addresses magical realities right now. Anyway, I rather like the idea of there being a "first" universe---which doesn't mean ALL mysteries are solved, as the Firstverse will make clear.---Al
alschroeder
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Postby alschroeder » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:14 pm

At http://mindmistress.comicgenesis.com/box76.htm --the origin of Ringo and the other Crossoverseers and some concessions to magical realities, comic nurseries, multiverse-creating bells, etc. Not compulsory for ANYONE to adopt in their particular webcomic, just a nice bit of background that you CAN add. Ringo's already sworn by the Firstverse, and it makes a nice background.

The Firstverse is NOT a deity, and doesn't claim to be the final cause for everything. Just...makes a nice setting for various multiversal musings, without stepping on others' toes too much.

---Al
alschroeder
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Postby KAMics » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:08 pm

I think I'm gonna take a Hypertime on this. Every author's explanation of their uni/multiverse's origin is true (for their uni/multiverse).

The Firstverse for Mindmistress' multiverse, the Division Bell for Division/Bell's multiverse, whatever the hell the explanation is for Grin 'n Spirit's multiverse, if some author wants to say their uni/multiverse was created by the Flying Spaghetti Monster, or even this God person, fine with me.
The KAMics - Comic
The KAMics - Comic Mirror
KAMic's Kast - Who's Who
KAM's Fanart - Fanart
KAM's Books - My work in print
KAMics
#1 CameoWhore
#1 CameoWhore

Postby KAMics » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:16 pm

Not that I think the Firstverse is a bad idea. It's a fascinating idea, it just doesn't fit in with my idea of the universe so wouldn't work for me.
KAMics
#1 CameoWhore
#1 CameoWhore

Postby fesworks » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:10 am

You can percieved it as maybe multiverse converging on one another. Firstverse is the beginning of Mind Mistress' core multiverse.... which later touched the "Webcomic Multiverse Delta" (as I'm dubbing it for now).
fesworks
Charging Knight
Charging Knight

Postby alschroeder » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:31 pm

It would have to be pretty old, this Delta, considering the Firstverse is several billion times older than OUR universe. But hey, I'm easy. It's one possible contender for the origin of the multiverse, but I'd be interested in alternatives. It's there if anyone needs it to for a reference point, and if they have some other origin in mind, we'll just have to see how to fit them together. No biggee, just a fun concept to play around with.---Al
alschroeder
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Postby fesworks » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:37 am

alschroeder wrote:It would have to be pretty old, this Delta, considering the Firstverse is several billion times older than OUR universe. But hey, I'm easy. It's one possible contender for the origin of the multiverse, but I'd be interested in alternatives. It's there if anyone needs it to for a reference point, and if they have some other origin in mind, we'll just have to see how to fit them together. No biggee, just a fun concept to play around with.---Al

The trouble with Space-Time and the all-out void of the not-universe, is that WHEN a universe or multiverse touched a particular universe or multiverse... doesn't have much to do with relative age.

Also, the trouble with trying to solidly fitting universes and multiverses together is that you have less wiggle room for fixing continuity and other variables.

The only reason I suggest that Multiverse Delta is (potentially) separate from FirstVerse (and therefore Mind Mistress, and the Crossover- series), is because everyone apart of it would have to say that, yes, Firstverse is canon to them.

(1) If we all say its canon, then it's easy, as-is.

(2) If we all say it's NOT canon, It's still easy, but Firstverse and such is a completely different Multiverse set.

(3) If some of us say it's canon, and some not, well, then it's gets way more complicated, and both multiverse sets are interwoven, but they still have different base-roots.

I'm not trying to be difficult. It's just sorta my thing to make sure plot holes get fixed, don't get bigger, or don't get created at all.

I'm attaching an updated version of the universe connections to this post.
Attachments
Webcomic Multiverse Delta(2).jpg
Webcomic Multiverse Delta(2).jpg (118.09 KiB) Viewed 9956 times
fesworks
Charging Knight
Charging Knight

Return to Where the worlds come together