Who are the Multiverse's Mightiest?

The place for talking, announcing or working on new crossovers/cameos and references, as well as bringing them to the Cameotrackers attention so that they can be added to the Archive.

Moderator: Hogan

Who are the Multiverse's Mightiest?

Postby alschroeder » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:14 pm

By definition, any appearance of an ultimate Godhood should be...but other than that...

Didn't the Ram fight someone whose name was Omnipotence?

I think the General from FAANS would be up there...

Chaos from LIFE AND DEATH?

Who are some of the mightiest multiversal beings out there?

--Al
Al Schroeder III of MINDMISTRESS http://mindmistress.comicgenesis.com----the greatest super power of all.
alschroeder
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Re: Who are the Multiverse's Mightiest?

Postby fesworks » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:15 pm

Well, excluding inserted authors, and avatars...

I'm going to guess you mean in general... unless you specifically mean The Crossover Wars' continuity.

In general, you'll have to look at each comic's power characters. Any comic you have gods or goddesses in, that would be a big nod (but not always).

As far as all the Crossover Wars multiverse (of which I'm referring to all involved comic universes, but not necessarily the events of The Crossover Wars), there's of course The Editor. Aside from that I would say, for sure and as I can recall off hand:

Ghost (Grin n' Spirit)
Chaos (Life and Death)
Goddess Diana (PSI - yet to be revealed, but referred to.)
fesworks
Charging Knight
Charging Knight

Postby alschroeder » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:18 am

Thanks, Fes! ---Al
Al Schroeder III of MINDMISTRESS http://mindmistress.comicgenesis.com----the greatest super power of all.
alschroeder
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Postby KAMics » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:26 pm

Xaos, as well as the Wotches, from The Wotch.

Any of the Fae from Dan & Mab's Furry Adventure are waaaaaaaay overpowered. Presumably the Dragon's as well based on Rose's comment http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_841.php. The Angels, Demons & the tri-winged Cubi also seem to fall into uber-powerful territory http://www.missmab.com/demonology.php

IIRC Supermegatopia had a few characters with godlike or near-godlike power, but they changed their layout & haven't got everything back up yet, so I can't doublecheck.

Gogo of Magical Misfits.
The KAMics - Comic
The KAMics - Comic Mirror
KAMic's Kast - Who's Who
KAM's Fanart - Fanart
KAM's Books - My work in print
KAMics
#1 CameoWhore
#1 CameoWhore

Postby fesworks » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:38 pm

What about the Goddess of Magical Misfits? I'm not sure of her power... Though I know that Whisper Song spiritually sealed off PSI from other universes...

Hmmm, upon thought of thought of PSI's back story.... anyone with the full Armor of the Day Raven (those parts Nemi is trying to collect), would also have god-like powers, as they were originally designed as such. However, a complete set has yet to be shown in PSI. ... I know I'm speaking of a few things about PSI that have not really happened YET, but I promise they are coming and have been thought about and designed for at least 1-2 years now.

Al, is this a random thought, or is there a plot stirring in your mind?
fesworks
Charging Knight
Charging Knight

Postby ghostrunner » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:52 am

hmmm, had to think about that. in grin-n-spirit the nE and the nE slayers would be right up there with divine powers. the white lady with her command of the nexus and over 1000 nodes would probably outrank the current nE forces, holding her own against both the illuminati and the demon lords and far far more powerful when confronted INSIDE the nexus. but the biggest so far named would be the nE's original goddess. and even then there are rumors about other multiverses.
may all your hauntings be full apparition- jim
ghostrunner
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Postby KAMics » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:37 pm

fesworks wrote:What about the Goddess of Magical Misfits?

Well, since Goddess is her title...

However given Al's first line
alschroeder wrote:By definition, any appearance of an ultimate Godhood should be...but other than that...

I assumed he was looking for powerful characters who didn't actually have "God" or "Goddess" on their resume. :wink: I could be wrong though.
The KAMics - Comic
KAMic's Kast - Who's Who
KAM's Fanart - Fanart
KAMics
#1 CameoWhore
#1 CameoWhore

Postby fesworks » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:37 pm

KAMics wrote:
fesworks wrote:What about the Goddess of Magical Misfits?

Well, since Goddess is her title...

However given Al's first line
alschroeder wrote:By definition, any appearance of an ultimate Godhood should be...but other than that...

I assumed he was looking for powerful characters who didn't actually have "God" or "Goddess" on their resume. :wink: I could be wrong though.

Well, yes, but the key word is *should*.

Just because someone holds the title of a God or Goddess, they may not be the mightiest. Esp. if we've not seen them do all that much. Whisper Song is an apprentice to Goddesssship, is she not? I guess I was basing things off of her current power skills, partly of which was demonstrated differently in PSI, than what was technically capable in MM (Her energy blast broke the phyiscal plane barrier, as a spirit, which should not be possible, 'lest godlike power. As a spirit, Nemi could not even do that.). So, in PSI, Whisper Song would have the potential, perhaps moreso than in her own world... because Ron told me that her energy blast *shouldn't* have been able to do that... but my world rules are different, particularly for spirits. I'm sure rules are different for when Whisper Song was in Grin n' Spirit, too.

Maybe I'm thinking about it too much.
fesworks
Charging Knight
Charging Knight

Postby KAMics » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:01 pm

fesworks wrote:Well, yes, but the key word is *should*.

Just because someone holds the title of a God or Goddess, they may not be the mightiest.

True, although I think that being an actual god should make one different than other beings.

Years ago I read a definition of the word Demon that said (more or less), "Anything between a god & man." Implying that these are three separate types of being with different... "rules" governing them.

Additionally in the mid-season break during season 5 of Buffy The Vampire Slayer there was that great cliffhanger moment when the head of the Watcher's Councils says, "Glory isn't a demon... she's a god." Unfortunately the rest of the season just treated Glory like a very, very powerful demon with no real attempt to showcase any differences between gods & demons in the Buffyverse. Rather disappointing, although thinking it over there are other examples of writers just using the word god without putting any thought into what it should mean.

Since The KAMics uses members of the Norse pantheon I have been puzzling over the situation of what makes them different. For now I'm going with the idea that humans can use magic, demons are creatures of magic & gods are magic. More or less, intelligent sources of magic. Probably flaws with that, but that's what I'm going with for now.

I think it does get around the basic power levels problem, some gods are technically weaker than demons and/or humans, but they are distinctly different from them.

And sorry about going off on such a wild tangent from what this thread is supposed to be about. :oops:
The KAMics - Comic
KAMic's Kast - Who's Who
KAM's Fanart - Fanart
KAMics
#1 CameoWhore
#1 CameoWhore

Postby fesworks » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:21 pm

KAMics wrote:
Since The KAMics uses members of the Norse pantheon I have been puzzling over the situation of what makes them different. For now I'm going with the idea that humans can use magic, demons are creatures of magic & gods are magic. More or less, intelligent sources of magic. Probably flaws with that, but that's what I'm going with for now.

I think it does get around the basic power levels problem, some gods are technically weaker than demons and/or humans, but they are distinctly different from them.

Hmmm, I had never thought about angels or demons in PSI before.... Not by those names anyway. But I think I have a few characters that may fit the bill regardless. The PSIverse follows a tad of some Pagan paths. There is no Hell, to speak of, there is no real heaven either. Hmmmm. You've given me some ideas, but I think they are mostly semantical at this point.

But yeah, this conversation actually goes back to that one thread (i forget where it is), where we compared universe rules, and how persons and things would be affected from one world to another. Like a magick user from Blade of Toshubi would function in PSI, and vice versa. Beings that succumb to, or are restricted (or broadened) by the universal rules of the world that they are in. Like Whisper Song in PSI.

However, someone like Chaos, likely doesn't succumb to such rules anywhere... therefore, undoubtedly, making him certainly one of the mightiest.

Goddess Diana in PSI, might be weaker in another universe (depends on that universes rules for Godesses... though my Goddess might still differ). Same goes for someone wearing the completed Armor of The Day Raven... it's still somewhat bound by Magick and certain Magickal rules. Magickal function can be different from one universe to another.

This is, of course, if said characters DO conform to the rules of the universe they are in... or maintain the rules from their own universe, etc. This can fluctuate a bit, depending on what creators want to do. For PSI, it's fairly accommodating in most circumstances, I believe.

Food for thought.

Om nom nom...
fesworks
Charging Knight
Charging Knight

Postby alschroeder » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:27 pm

I don't know if I was specifically banning gods as a class, just be-all and end-all gods. For instance, I'd like to rule out anyone like the traditional idea of Jehovah, but I don't have a problem with Thor and Zeus, even though they're the strongest in their pantheons, since they CAN be beaten. Because by definition, anyone like Jehovah is unstoppable. Thor can be killed by the Midguard Serpent, Zeus was under a real threat from Typhon, etc.
---Al
alschroeder
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Postby fesworks » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:07 pm

alschroeder wrote:I don't know if I was specifically banning gods as a class, just be-all and end-all gods. For instance, I'd like to rule out anyone like the traditional idea of Jehovah, but I don't have a problem with Thor and Zeus, even though they're the strongest in their pantheons, since they CAN be beaten. Because by definition, anyone like Jehovah is unstoppable. Thor can be killed by the Midguard Serpent, Zeus was under a real threat from Typhon, etc.
---Al

Well.... technically, in PSI, I'm using the Pagan Goddesses Diana and Gaea (not talk about as much, yet)... Of course, my personal version of them. I'm not about to purposefully piss people off and cause trouble for pagan paths in general.
fesworks
Charging Knight
Charging Knight

Return to Where the worlds come together