Invitation & Guest List

Now, strap on your party boots and bring a housewarming present! The 2015 Caper takes you to a party at Hey Fox!

Moderators: Hogan, GabrialFox

Invitation & Guest List

Postby Hogan » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:29 pm

****************************************************************************************************************************

The seemingly alien distress call came out of nowhere and was as brief as it was broken...

*start transmission*

“… need… help. … Power surge… Turn them… off… Portals… all the way through… No… time… end of the world….”

*end transmission*

In a myriad of worlds the call was heard in the native language, appearing from old radio transmitters, modern transponders, futuristic crystal relays and broken toy furbies...
The call was accompanied by a radiance from a nearby natual portal that seemed to, briefly, having been transformed into a glowing portal leading to... whereever the distress call orginated from.
Brave soul went forward to step through the portal and enter whatever far alien World lying behind it, to either try and save it or just become a part of the adventure, never knowing if they would make it back again...
And such began the legend of the time of Fox' Party...

****************************************************************************************************************************

This year the Caper will go where the Caper has never gone before... that is, to be held in a specific comic as per the results of the 2015 Caper votings!

The comic in speaking is none other than Hey Fox! where Fox's housemates Cid & Pixi is about to hold a great Halloween Party at their home shared with the relucant Fox (WHO's had both good and bad... mostly the latter... experiences around Halloween for the last couple of years, but at least he is sound and safe at home THIS time...).

To enhance the outcome of the party, Sid however, tries to tweek the house's newly installed top-op-the-art dimension wrapping G-tech technology and ended up making a mess of it (as any home improvement hack will know it usually does) and ended up calling tech support.
That call went about like this:

“Hello? Tech support? Yeah. I need some help. I think I might have… er… There might have been a power surge, and now I can’t seem to turn them back off. Some of them are opening portals. I think I even saw all the way through to other places. Yeah? Ok. Sure. No, go ahead, take your time. It’s not the end of the world. Yeah… I’ll hold.”

Now, with the G-tech unknowinlgy having more or less expanded to all of the house at this point, the call was distorted and send out through the dimensions now connected to the place at large... and who knows who might hear it and follow it back to investigate?

This is the base for this year's Caper in Fox's house where, with the G-Tech gone awry, anything can and will happen!

But... before you decide to let your characters follow the call and , do take a look at general rules and guidelines of the Halloween Caper itself as well as the setting of Fox' House itself, and if you want an idea of what you might be up to, as well as what its possible to get into, go take a look at the Capers of the previous years:

Hallowen Cameo Caper 2006
Hallowen Cameo Caper 2007
Hallowen Cameo Caper 2008
Hallowen Cameo Caper 2009
Hallowen Cameo Caper 2010
Hallowen Cameo Caper 2011
Hallowen Cameo Caper 2012
Hallowen Cameo Caper 2013
Hallowen Cameo Caper 2013

If you, after having been through the above mentioned links and have cleared your brain of bleach, still feel up for the challenge, fun and mayhem that the Caper's usually stand for, then you should wait no longer and instead go and sign up for the Halloween Cameo Caper 2015 immediately!

Its easy to do so, you just go and make a new thread in this very forum, titling it with your comic’s name (or your own name if not representing a comic), in which you accept the above stated “invitation”, presenting yourself as well as the characters you will send for participation in the Caper, including references for the characters (links to cast page, strips, drawings etc.) so other artists will know how to draw them.

In this thread of yours, any and all questions people will have regarding you, your comic, as well as plans and ideas for the Caper you want to share will be hosted!

By signing up for the Caper, you also state that you, at least, at the date of Halloween (or the day closest to, taking updates schedules into accounting), will post a strip (canon, none-canon, filler etc.) on your own site (webcomic site, DA profile, homepage, Tumblr or similar) or here in the forum (or sending them to yours sincerely for posting directly on the Webcomic Hub), showing your characters and as many characters from other comics as possible, having fun and hopefully celebrating Halloween on Halloween's Eve!

However, nothing prevents you creating and/or taking part in the full storyline centered around the event, crossing over with other comics and co-writing storylines as you go… as a matter of facts, it’s recommended, but not a demand.

The important thing is that you DO come up with something. If you by some means get prevented from participating, please do tell so in the thread you originally made when signing up.

The deadline for signing up for participation in the Caper is set to 1st of October 2015!

Any questions about the rules (guidelinies) for participation are to go to this thread!

And as usual, if you can't or will not get to participate, you can always volunteer your characters as cameos in the Caper here. Though its not a guarentee they will be used, you might get to see them around ;-)

See you at Fox's House... running! :cheers:

- Hogan
Avatar is Hogan cameoing in Misfits of Mischief by ROAR
Hogan
DM of Deities

Re: Invitation & Guest List

Postby Hogan » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:35 pm

The Participants

The "distress signal" calling people to Fox's House was heard in a myriad of worlds, and from there several stepped through the poartal to investigate...

This is the full guest list Pixi has so far made up on people arriving from all over the Places... and she DID applaud their great outlandish costumes!

Any questions or comments to the respective artists should not go in this thread, but instead to the relevant thread for the respective comics!

The participants so far:

Dawn of a new Era V2 - Stefan, William & Queen Karen

D.D.S.R. - Cedrick, June & Gordon

Hey Fox! - Fox, Sid & Pixi

Karabear Comics Unlimited - To be decided

Karabear Comics Presents Special - Flame Thrower, Rearranger, Michael and Multiblades.

Magical Misfits - Mist, Wisp, Mammal, Nightingale, Tech Support, Cleat Hardbottom and Battle Bear.
Hogan
DM of Deities

Nitpicking

Postby KAMics » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:31 pm

I can't help but think that's a needlessly complex way to do it. All that was really needed was have invitations to the housewarming accidentally get scattered through the multiverse and all sorts of weirdos show up looking to party.

Now people will be showing up for some kind of emergency that doesn't exist.

Responder: *poof* Where's the emergency?
Fox: There isn't one.
Responder: Oh, well, bye. *poof*
The KAMics - Comic
The KAMics - Comic Mirror
KAMic's Kast - Who's Who
KAM's Fanart - Fanart
KAM's Books - My work in print
KAMics
#1 CameoWhore
#1 CameoWhore

Postby Hogan » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:20 pm

Heh, I understand what you are getting at :)

The reason I wrote the invitation like this is to make it as open as possible...

Yes, there may not be much of a problem to solve for some who respond to the invitation, they might just pop in and/or stay for the party.

However, the way the G-tech is messing with the house and the space-time continuum there MAY be other problems showing up that need to be solved, everything ranging from tentacled aliens from Dimension X to Gorgon Cookie Salesgirls... all depending on what the participating artist needs to get a good Halloween story running! 8)

So whatever the characters respond to the "emergency call" and find nothing or trouble... thats for the artist to decide!

... and you've allready solved the amount of your participation this year I see ;)
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby KAMics » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:26 pm

Solved? No. I'm still getting used to different art programs and life isn't letting me draw as much as I'd like, but the girls will be there to trash Fox's hou... er..., I mean CELEBRATE the house-warming :) I already have an idea what they're gonna wear, just gotta draw the outfits.

Rock 'n' roll, baby! :cheers:
The KAMics - Comic
The KAMics - Comic Mirror
KAMic's Kast - Who's Who
KAM's Fanart - Fanart
KAM's Books - My work in print
KAMics
#1 CameoWhore
#1 CameoWhore

Postby Hogan » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:28 pm

KAMics wrote:Solved? No. I'm still getting used to different art programs and life isn't letting me draw as much as I'd like, but the girls will be there to trash Fox's hou... er..., I mean CELEBRATE the house-warming :) I already have an idea what they're gonna wear, just gotta draw the outfits.

Rock 'n' roll, baby! :cheers:

The get them signed up! The house doesn't get warmed all by itself! :cheers:

Okay, I'm extending the deadline to the 1st of October, primarily because so few have signed up for it so far, but most importantly beacause we haven't done much advertising for the Caper, meaning the chances for attracting new participants have been slim. I will take the responsibility and failure in doing that on my shoulders and will start a high-speed campaign to get the words around, hopefully making up for the lack of the same so far...
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby Hogan » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:04 pm

Two more strips added to both Hubs! :cheers:

As always, if anyone can see a better continuity in the Webcomic Hub by rearranging some strips, let me know!
Hogan
DM of Deities

Return to Halloween Cameo Caper 2015