Andrew and Marie-Ange take a trip from Autumn Bay

Get behind the veil of fog and visit the site of the 2014 Caper, Kokotomo, The Fantasy Island!

Moderators: Hogan, AggieJanicot

Re: Andrew and Marie-Ange take a trip from Autumn Bay

Postby GabrialFox » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:31 pm

Hah!

That's awesome... and yet more trouble for Fox it appears.

Well done!
The grey fox from over at Hey Fox.
GabrialFox
Green Apprentice
Green Apprentice

Postby Professor Etheric » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:53 pm

GabrialFox wrote:Hah!

That's awesome... and yet more trouble for Fox it appears.

Well done!

He does seem to have a lot of girls talking to him, and just as he appears to be trying to have something of a relationship with Honey... not to mention the last time he was involved with alcohol and Honey. Let's hope she left the Frying Pan of Friendship at home.

One thing, I was REALLY concerned about getting Fox and Honey even close to correct. That's the first time I've drawn any anthros, and I jumped in with two.
Autumn Bay : A conspiranoid urban fantasy about the trials and travails of the people in a city where anything can happen. Updates M-W-F.
Professor Etheric
Young and Foolish
Young and Foolish

Postby GabrialFox » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:19 pm

You did great!

Go click back to my first comics and see what a real BAD anthro looks like. :: lol ::

Better yet, you got the facial markings and stuff right. Well done!
GabrialFox
Green Apprentice
Green Apprentice

Postby Videowizard2007 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:44 pm

You're free to use my characters, too. Hope I'm not too late. I could see William, Stefan and Queen Karen having a good time meeting all those people.
Videowizard2007
Young and Foolish
Young and Foolish

Postby GabrialFox » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:12 pm

I've already got your comic planned out... If I don't get TOO behind, it should post around the 20'th. ^.^
GabrialFox
Green Apprentice
Green Apprentice

Postby Professor Etheric » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:16 am

GabrialFox wrote:You did great!

Go click back to my first comics and see what a real BAD anthro looks like. :: lol ::

Better yet, you got the facial markings and stuff right. Well done!

Fox and Honey's facial markings took the absolute longest of anything. I kept looking back and forth at pictures of them...

I've always a little nervous about drawing anthros, but now I'm seriously tempted to get an upcoming human character of mine turned into one...

Thank you, Fox and everyone else! I was really nervous about this, and was being a lot more careful about everyone else's characters than my own. I'm planning on more actual interaction in future pages.
Autumn Bay : A conspiranoid urban fantasy about the trials and travails of the people in a city where anything can happen. Updates M-W-F.
Professor Etheric
Young and Foolish
Young and Foolish

Postby CosmicBeholder » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:37 am

Woot, I got something additional done, and there are some surprise guests:
http://cosmicbeholder.blogspot.com/2014 ... prise.html
Sorry they are a bit rough, I plan to clean this up a bit still. But I thought You might like to see it :D
CosmicBeholder
Green Apprentice
Green Apprentice

Postby Professor Etheric » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:37 am

Neat! I'm going to have to work that bit into my pages! In case you guys haven't noticed, I'm a sucker for continuity, especially in event comics (like just about anything with the name Crisis or that has its banner pasted across most of a company's titles). This feels like an event comic to me.
Professor Etheric
Young and Foolish
Young and Foolish

Postby CosmicBeholder » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:39 am

Great, glad you like, and if you do I might just come up with a follow-up piece.
I might also reference my own comic- I think for a large part they are simply sun-bathing Au naturel, before Aggie, Abui and Scale join them.

In a multi-creator project like this, perfect continuity is probably not possible, but something to strive for nevertheless. As long as we still keep having fun with it :D
CosmicBeholder
Green Apprentice
Green Apprentice

Postby Professor Etheric » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:36 am

Okay, I've made an extra archive, and you can find that first page here. That should make it easier to get it into the hub... I hope. Just trying to help, Hogan!
Professor Etheric
Young and Foolish
Young and Foolish

Postby emperorjon » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:08 am

hehehe. Ibdis looks SO confused.
it looks great :)
emperorjon
Petty Toddler
Petty Toddler

Postby Chris V » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:44 am

Professor Etheric wrote:Okay, so in the interest of actually getting in on this before Halloween, and so that others have something from me to work from, I'm going to start posting my Cameo Caper pages here. They are slightly ahead of where I'm at in my comic, but I know enough of what's coming to post these...

Now, a couple caveats. One: I hope I didn't butcher your characters too badly... Two: Some people have already posted stuff with my characters, and I tried not to contradict what's there, but in some cases we'll have to pretend that people weren't noticed or some such...

Anyway, without further ado...

Now, characters with cameos...
Ibdis, from Necroomies (with umbrella to block the sun)
Gin, from The Gingerbread Man Chronicles (you kinda gotta look for him)
Nintendo, from Consolers
Brunhilda... err, I mean Gertrude (j/k KAM!), from The KAMics
Cedrick, from D.D.S.R
Eiderdown, from Karabear Comics Unlimited*
Victory, from the comic of the same name*
Fox and Honey, from Hey Fox

*These two appear in a scene from Victory, where Chris V cameo'd my peeps...

Hope this helps some!

EDIT: Looking at it, this probably won't be the final version. I think I need to resize some things, but all the pieces you see here will be there...

wow! that's amazing! and you've kept in continutity with my comics! agagin, that's amazing! keep up the great work.
ImageImage
Chris V
Hardened Rookie
Hardened Rookie

Postby Professor Etheric » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:19 am

emperorjon wrote:hehehe. Ibdis looks SO confused.
it looks great :)

Thanks! And I'm not sure if he's confused or, perhaps... hungry?
(And if the umbrella seems a little bit off, it's because I totes had to add it in later... oops).

Chris V wrote:wow! that's amazing! and you've kept in continutity with my comics! agagin, that's amazing! keep up the great work.

Again, thank you! When I saw Marie-Ange and Andrew's cameo, I knew I had to springboard off of that. Just, you know, add what they were saying.

You guys are great! I love doing this, and if anyone wants to work closer (apart from those I've already contacted, by all means, let me know, and feel free to use and abuse Marie-Ange and Andrew (character traits are earlier in the thread).
Professor Etheric
Young and Foolish
Young and Foolish

Postby Professor Etheric » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:47 pm

Sorry for the double post...

Part 2 is here! Or, alternately, you can see it (probably better) at Autumn Bay Extra Edition (and when the time is appropriate, in the main comic, but the main hasn't caught up yet).

Cameos:
The Blue Knight / Inspector Dennis, from Tales to Behold
Jenny Everywhere
Ibdis, from Necroomies
Thomas & Zachary (from the comic of the same name)

The character of Jenny Everywhere is available for use by anyone, with only one condition. This paragraph must be included in any publication involving Jenny Everywhere, that others might use this property as they wish. All rights reversed.
Professor Etheric
Young and Foolish
Young and Foolish

Postby CosmicBeholder » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:05 am

Man this is just spectacular! I'm so proud for my characters being featured! And you drew them well! Jenny looks like a very classic /iconic Jenny Everywhere, while Dennis is your very own take on her features and it's exciting to see that!

I can definitely see Marie-Ange and Jen becoming friends, an especially intrigued about the connection of Blue Knight and Andrew, and how awkward it seems to be for both of them! Is it only about his criminal past? Her inability to capture him? Or perhaps there is even more, professional and personal?
I can only imagine, with his dark past in England, it would be a doozie and positively entertaining.

But then, there is also the fact that Inapector Dennis has changed, now being not just inhabited but merged with the soul of her medieval ancestor, to form sort of a combined person that is bound to have an issue or two.
I wonder how that affects her view of him!

Perhaps they will have an opportunity to have a piña colada together (or seven), and will spill the beans to us readers!
CosmicBeholder
Green Apprentice
Green Apprentice

Postby Professor Etheric » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:20 am

Well, I'm not going to spoil anything, but even if I don't get a lot of the details in the comic here, some of them will have to spill over later. Worst case scenario, I could always write a short story or two about them. There's just way too much in my head, and not all of it would be best in comic form.

But thank you for the kind words, and for letting me play in your backyard! I'm always especially nervous about handling other people's characters, for fear of messing them up. I promise everyone that I will endeavor not to mess things up (if I do something that seems out of character for someone's character, PLEASE let me know!)

This has, so far, been a blast!
Professor Etheric
Young and Foolish
Young and Foolish

Postby CosmicBeholder » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:42 pm

Yes it has been a blast, watching all this coming together!
I hope I can do another pic or so based on the latest events, before it's over!

Definitely intrigued what you have in mind and would love it when it spills over into other things. As far as I'm concerned, I'll try to see everything that happens here as canon, and would love it if this has some future consequences and follow ups. Written or illustrated. And I've been known to contribute some art when things really inspire me ;-)
CosmicBeholder
Green Apprentice
Green Apprentice

Postby Professor Etheric » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:42 am

I fear I'm likely to be one of the ones turning the lights out when all is said and done, because I have quite a bit still planned in my story arc, so "before it's done" may be a longer time than you would suspect.

Part of the reason for this is that these strips are going to be launched when the main storyline in my comic catches up to the departure of Marie-Ange and Andrew for Kokotomo, and there will be repercussions...

Like I said, I've got a major arc I'm going to run in my part, beyond the fantasies (but related to them). If anyone wants to hear it, hit me with a PM.

And yes, I am looking forward to much more time with all of your characters. Speciically, Beholder, I really hope I'm not stepping on any toes here. I have an exit strategy if I do...
Professor Etheric
Young and Foolish
Young and Foolish

Postby emperorjon » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:08 pm

Thank you :) i'm gonna draw a comic about that
emperorjon
Petty Toddler
Petty Toddler

Postby CosmicBeholder » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:14 am

Yah no worries about the toes, they can grow back!
Just have fun and run with it, I'd like to think I'm not uptight to these things- it's only comics haha

That said, I am incredibly curious and thrilled and might have to hit you up on PM to find out more. Or perhaps o should just let you surprise me! In any case, thanks again for bringing my guys into your world and spending time with them!
CosmicBeholder
Green Apprentice
Green Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to Halloween Cameo Caper 2014