Halloween Cameo Caper 2014 Central Hub

Get behind the veil of fog and visit the site of the 2014 Caper, Kokotomo, The Fantasy Island!

Moderators: Hogan, AggieJanicot

Re: Halloween Cameo Caper 2014 Central Hub

Postby Hogan » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:12 pm

*collapses*... I miss updating the Caper Hub for a couple of days and suddenly I sit with 20 new strips to add... this will be killing me! :(

... but I'll die with a smile :)

This Caper is turning out to be one of, if not THE, most productive Capers ever, and with such high quality and merryment... :-)

Looking forward to add the last comics to the Hub! :cheers:
Avatar is Hogan cameoing in Misfits of Mischief by ROAR
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby Hogan » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:53 pm

Gaah... I let Real Life get the better og me for a couple of days, and 22 new strips takes place in the meantime... I don't think I've had to Work this hard to keep up with a Caper before... :shock:

But, anyway, the Caper Hub has now been updated with all new strips, among them the first ones from Autumn Bay and Dawn of a New Era V2!
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby KarabearComics » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:43 am

Not to bring you down from your updating high, Hogan, but you accidentally put my October 14th page for both the 14th and 15th. I checked my comic and I know I didn't accidentally double-up.
All the bad things in life only help you appreciate the good even more.
KarabearComics
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Postby Hogan » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:47 pm

KarabearComics wrote:Not to bring you down from your updating high, Hogan, but you accidentally put my October 14th page for both the 14th and 15th. I checked my comic and I know I didn't accidentally double-up.

Naah, it'll take more to bring me down... though my workday managed it quite well...

This time no accidents, I just forgot to update the filenames, everything was there already... its fixed now and I added todays batch of strips as well! :cheers:
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby CosmicBeholder » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:08 am

Thanks for all of the work overseeing this- it's shaping up to be spectacular! I check in every day to see what nnew things are up!
CosmicBeholder
Green Apprentice
Green Apprentice

Postby Hogan » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:48 pm

CosmicBeholder wrote:Thanks for all of the work overseeing this- it's shaping up to be spectacular! I check in every day to see what nnew things are up!

Thanks! :-)
I try to keep the Hub up to date as much as possible, but realtime workload and not to forget, the incredible output of this year's Caper, makes it hard to keep up... but I try! :cheers:

Here is, however, a weekend status update on the Caper Hub

And now, when more or less everybody have finally entered the Caper, and in most cases even landed on the Island, I can slowly start getting back to Work on the Webcomic Hub too! :-)
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby Videowizard2007 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:35 am

Yeah, this year so far is a bit heavier on updates than 2013... and MUCH heavier than 2011 and 2012. There were more updates Mon-Fri this year than during the week before Halloween 2012. We seem about even with 2009 which ironically is the year I missed. The 2006 and 2010 Capers didn't even start until mid-October while more recent ones are starting as early as July 1st (2013) and August 2nd (this year).
Videowizard2007
Young and Foolish
Young and Foolish

Postby Hogan » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:14 pm

I did a quick update one the Caper Hub and a few more strips to the Webcomic Hub... and the I was reminded...

Would there be any of all our excellent artists participating in this year's Caper who would volunteer to provide a front page image for the Caper Hub which we can use when all's set and done and we need a showcase for posterity?

I'm here thinking of what we have from some of the older Capers, something involving more or less every character who's participated in this years Caper, all together, numbered and named!

I know it would be one hell of a work, especially considering this year's extended cast, but it damn it would look good on the front page! :-)
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby Zanreo » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:11 am

You mean one artist drawing all the characters? That would be a lot of work... Maybe it would be better for everyone to work together on a collab image. drawing their own characters? (With some people volunteering to draw for anyone who won't have the time/doesn't feel like drawing this, maybe) Of course, if someone's up for the task, that would be great!
Zanreo
Petty Toddler
Petty Toddler

Postby Professor Etheric » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:39 am

I may need to be committed for this, but I already have plans for a major battle scene involving... oh, everyone in the caper. If that would work, then just wait until it comes around and I will provide the raw image, which could be used for it...
Autumn Bay : A conspiranoid urban fantasy about the trials and travails of the people in a city where anything can happen. Updates M-W-F.
Professor Etheric
Young and Foolish
Young and Foolish

Postby KarabearComics » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:45 am

A collaborative image would be pretty nifty, actually. It hasn't been done yet, but that shouldn't stop people from giving it a go. What we'd need is a backdrop and a guideline of sorts (maybe someone could lay out the image, so people know how their characters would fit#. The problem would come from anybody being unable to do their characters #for instance, I signed up trickstyx when he said he's be a part of it, but considering he never posts on the boards and may not have an account, and that he may only be doing one image, he may not give the information or have the time#, but that would mean that somebody would probably need to try and draw the excess character#s) for said creator(s).

Or we could get a budding George Perez in the making to tackle them all. And woe be to them due to the freaking huge amount of characters I have involved alone. If that's you, Professor, you poor soul. You might just snap and start raving like the comic version of Hogan--but the picture would be fun to look at.
KarabearComics
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Postby Professor Etheric » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:44 am

George Perez is one of my personal heroes, and Crisis on Infinite Earths, despite its myriad problems, is one of my favorite comics OF ALL TIME. As I said, it's already in my plans, and the way I work (I tend to piece together my pages from individual frames, then add dialogue and captions), the raw image will be available without any problem.

In fact, it may be big enough that I will take the raw and split it into two images (for two releases...). That's just a thought, and probably won't happen. I'll be working on the image a bit at a time up to the end.

Yes, I'm just that nutty.
Autumn Bay : A conspiranoid urban fantasy about the trials and travails of the people in a city where anything can happen. Updates M-W-F.
Professor Etheric
Young and Foolish
Young and Foolish

Postby CosmicBeholder » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:47 am

The 'cover' image is a great idea- a lot of work but I think it might be more feasible than passing around an image for everyone to work on? Bur then, once the main layout stands, created by someone, it might b not that hard to pull off.

But, if Professor Etheric has already a pic in mind, then that would kill zillion birds with one stone (poor birds)
I'm very curious to see!
CosmicBeholder
Green Apprentice
Green Apprentice

Postby Hogan » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:30 pm

Actually, of all the Capers with a front image, only the first one (from 2006) was custom made, the rest are adapted panels from one of the participating comics I've burrowed (with permission off course!) and numbered :-)

Where I would really like to see a full custom made spreadpage with all the characters, what Prof. Etheric has plans for would more than do the trick if I could get my hands on the image later... but most of all I would really really like to just SEE said image! :mrgreen:

And now we are at it... the Caper Hub is once again brought up to date! :)
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby Professor Etheric » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:39 am

No worries, Hogan. I will totally send it to you (with or without trade dress, your choice)... when I get it done. I can't give any sort of timeline on when that will be, though. Mostly, because my storyline in going to run until it's done... and it hasn't even started in the main comic).

It's kind of the least I can do for the headache I'm going to be causing as regards the cameo and crossover archive (I have a LOT of cameos coming up in my comic...)
Professor Etheric
Young and Foolish
Young and Foolish

Postby KAMics » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:26 am

Hogan wrote:Actually, of all the Capers with a front image, only the first one (from 2006) was custom made, the rest are adapted panels from one of the participating comics I've burrowed (with permission off course!) and numbered :-)

*Ahem*

2011 was custom made and I don't remember seeing 2008's in a Magical Misfits comic.

Didn't we shangh... I mean, get Fox to "agree" to draw one for last year?
The KAMics - Comic
The KAMics - Comic Mirror
KAMic's Kast - Who's Who
KAM's Fanart - Fanart
KAM's Books - My work in print
KAMics
#1 CameoWhore
#1 CameoWhore

Postby Hogan » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:32 pm

KAMics wrote:
Hogan wrote:Actually, of all the Capers with a front image, only the first one (from 2006) was custom made, the rest are adapted panels from one of the participating comics I've burrowed (with permission off course!) and numbered :-)

*Ahem*

2011 was custom made and I don't remember seeing 2008's in a Magical Misfits comic.

Didn't we shangh... I mean, get Fox to "agree" to draw one for last year?

Geez, you a right... I should stop relaying on my memory when making presumptions late at night... :-|

Lets skip right over to the news of the Caper Hub having, as of this Sunday evening, been brough up to date Again... this time we are seeing the last to Necroomies but the first to Life & Death! 8)

... also a few strips more have been added to the Webcomic Hub.
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby Hogan » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:02 pm

... whadda you know? I've actually managed to keep abreast with daily updates on the Caper Hub this week... what gives? :o

Also, the reason I've been holding back on the Webcomic Hub is that people this year seemed to arrive to the Caper on different time and YET at the SAME time continuitywise... I needed to get more or less everybody into the Caper before I could see the broad view of where everything fit in, and in due time I promise to have all the STRIPS fit it! :cheers:

Btw, in case everyone forgot, we are still trying to get people together on: http://webchat.quakenet.org/ (#webcomics) to hang out during Caper-time and hopefully beyond, nothing better than talking with likeminded people, artists and webcomic-enthusiasts on a regular basis :-)

I can be found there almost every evening (CET-time) of the week at least for a couple of hours while Reinder and Aggie are frequent guests with others sticking their heads in from time to time, but the more people who drop in frequently, the more will feel like staying around, meaning there could always be someone around, even at the odd hours... that would be fun :-)

Hope to see you there!
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby KarabearComics » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:01 am

You forgot Wonder Team among today's pages, so you know.
KarabearComics
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Postby Hogan » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:54 pm

KarabearComics wrote:You forgot Wonder Team among today's pages, so you know.

Thanks, gotcha!

And so, on this Eve of Halloween (at least in my timezone) I once Again managed to update the Caper Hub with the newest Shenanigans and Fantasies straight from the Island of Kokotomo!

Victory and the Gingerbreadman Chronicles have now run their due cause, and we tip our head and glass to Chris who have kept us entertained with both comics for the Whole month of October!

But... true to tradition, the Caper is far from over yet! Lots of comics have still updates coming in with stories to tell, so... stay tuned faitfull reader! Keep checking in, same Caper-Time, same Caper-Places! :cheers:

Happy Halloween! :twisted:
Hogan
DM of Deities

PreviousNext

Return to Halloween Cameo Caper 2014