Halloween Cameo Caper 2014 Central Hub

Get behind the veil of fog and visit the site of the 2014 Caper, Kokotomo, The Fantasy Island!

Moderators: Hogan, AggieJanicot

Re: Halloween Cameo Caper 2014 Central Hub

Postby Zanreo » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:01 am

Gotta make a Halloween page too... but I've been busy today so that will have to wait until tomorrow
Zanreo
Petty Toddler
Petty Toddler

Postby KarabearComics » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:23 am

Well, considering that for the first time so far I'm not done at Halloween (I haven't even done the Supertrans comic yet), I think it's safe to say that late updates are perfectly fine for everything.
All the bad things in life only help you appreciate the good even more.
KarabearComics
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Postby KAMics » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:02 pm

Hey, all the cool kids are updating late!* :mrgreen:

* Lies, total lies :(

:wink:

Hogan, your links for Victory are all off. They link to earlier Victory pages you should start with http://victoryadventures.webcomic.ws/comics/527 and end with http://victoryadventures.webcomic.ws/comics/557
The KAMics - Comic
The KAMics - Comic Mirror
KAMic's Kast - Who's Who
KAM's Fanart - Fanart
KAM's Books - My work in print
KAMics
#1 CameoWhore
#1 CameoWhore

Postby Hogan » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:07 pm

KAMics wrote:Hogan, your links for Victory are all off. They link to earlier Victory pages you should start with http://victoryadventures.webcomic.ws/comics/527 and end with http://victoryadventures.webcomic.ws/comics/557

Yeah, I was about to ask Chris about that... 2/3 through October the links suddenly shifted, I think he has uploaded a bunch of strips and put them earlier in the continuity so the stripnumbering came off, I just need this confirmed and if there'll be more, then I'll fix the links :)
Avatar is Hogan cameoing in Misfits of Mischief by ROAR
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby Professor Etheric » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:12 pm

KAMics wrote:Hey, all the cool kids are updating late!* :mrgreen:

* Lies, total lies :(

:wink:

At this point, I'm half tempted to stop calling this one a "Halloween" Cameo Caper... given the amount of people still going strong on storylines and that it's not all that Halloween-themed. I should be updating on this more very soon, as I went through a majorly large project for one of my pages (sorry Hogan, there's a HUGE number of cameos on it) and some serious backup work at the Comic Fury Halloween Exchange. It's just been a bit of off timing on my storylines leading up to Kokotomo (and the whole thing is canon in my strip, so...)

Actually, it occurred to me that I might want to post said project as a sort of "audition" for the group pic... so here it is! (Plus, it has some Cameo Caper participants...)

Sorry if I'm rambling a bit...
Autumn Bay : A conspiranoid urban fantasy about the trials and travails of the people in a city where anything can happen. Updates M-W-F.
Professor Etheric
Young and Foolish
Young and Foolish

Postby Hogan » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:56 pm

... will anyone please help the good Professor sorting ous his last wish & will while I go sharpening my tools of trade? :evil:
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby Professor Etheric » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:06 am

Professor Etheric wrote:No worries, Hogan. I will totally send it to you (with or without trade dress, your choice)... when I get it done. I can't give any sort of timeline on when that will be, though. Mostly, because my storyline in going to run until it's done... and it hasn't even started in the main comic).

It's kind of the least I can do for the headache I'm going to be causing as regards the cameo and crossover archive (I have a LOT of cameos coming up in my comic...)

Please don't kill me Hogan! I gave fair warning, and I'm doing the big Caper picture...

And if that sort of bribery doesn't work, let me try this one. I would be more than happy to offer some help with the Archive (whatever I could do...). After all, having a Professor in the museum lends a certain air of distinction, don't you think?
Autumn Bay : A conspiranoid urban fantasy about the trials and travails of the people in a city where anything can happen. Updates M-W-F.
Professor Etheric
Young and Foolish
Young and Foolish

Postby Hogan » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:42 pm

Professor Etheric wrote:Please don't kill me Hogan! I gave fair warning, and I'm doing the big Caper picture...

To be fair, I DO remember that... thats why I'm giving you a head start! :twisted:

All right, seems like things have slowed down a bit after Halloween itself has run its due cause, but even with a Candy Hangover there's still people WHO are coming up with strips, and the Caper Hub has now been updated with those! :cheers:
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby Hogan » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:47 pm

Finally caught up with the Caper Hub... which is pretty easy to do now after Halloween, but its still great to see updates coming in and the plot continue! :-)

Time to get to work on the Webcomic Hub...
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby Hogan » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:09 pm

The Caper Hub has been brought up to date again (unless I've missed some ninja-updates?)... this was the easiest update so far actually :)

But, that also gave me time to fix all the links to Victory's part in the Caper so they should be functioning again... thanks for the help Chris! :cheers:
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby Hogan » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:19 pm

Another weekly update to the Caper Hub has been completed... we are still with ye! :cheers:
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby Hogan » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:05 pm

A bit delayed this time, yet another update on the Caper Hub!

This time we've received the ending to Hey Fox's as well as D.D.S.R.'s run of the Caper... and what runs it has been! :D
... though less running this year from Hey Fox! ;-)

Thanks for giving us a great Halloween and beyond both of you! :cheers:
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby Hogan » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:42 pm

The Caper Hub has once again been updated, this time saying its thanks to Hey Fox! too for this time! :cheers:

Also, the Webcomic Hub has also seen the first Group of updates with more following as we speak! I hope to have it fully up to date before the end of the year! 8)
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby Hogan » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:20 pm

Okay, I finally got some time to work on the Caper Hubs again, and with KAM's latest and last strip I thought it proper to start with the Caper Hub ... and then I found out that I needed to add TWO strips as TheMario had been sneaking an update past my radar... :o

Now I just need to get some peace and quiet around so I can sit Down and update the Webcomic Hub with the last 106 strips... damn, you people have been productive this year... again :cheers:
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby Hogan » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:17 pm

The Caper Hub has now been updated with the latest two strips directly from Autumn Bay! :cheers:

Edit:

I've also managed to update the Webcomic Hub with a host of the strips from the Caper!
It's a tricky job trying to line them up to form a simalcrum of a continuity since people were VERY keen on crossing over and referencing but by any actual plan or timeline :p
I hope I have managed to get the Geist of it, else feel free to suggest changes to the continuity as it looks now :cheers:
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby Hogan » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:50 pm

Just came from over at the Webcomic Hub for our 2014 Caper where I've just added almost 50 new strips to what goes for a "continuity" in this :-)

Actually, I've now added more than 160 strips and still got 31 in reserve... however, those are for what I would consider the "endgame" of the Caper and I would like to wait with putting them up until the rest of the participants have completed... or I at least have an idea of how their last parts will pan out :mrgreen:

Until then, let me know if you think there should be some changes to the presentation which would showcase the continuity of the Caper better as a whole! :cheers:
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby Hogan » Sat May 16, 2015 6:23 pm

Professor Etheric and TheMario360 have gone behing out backs and updated their respective comics with new Caper-Related strips! :o

As a result, both the Webcomic Hub and the Caper Hub have yet Again been brought up to date! :cheers:

Also, I'm toying with the idea of uploading the remaining 2014 strips I've stored to the Webcomic Hub, adding the "End-Strips" to the Caper so to speak and leaving room for the remaining stragglers to add their strips inbetween... which off course will be added to the Hub properly too!
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby KarabearComics » Sun May 17, 2015 7:33 am

Well, I kinda came back in the game with Karabear Comics Presents Special this month and never mentioned it here...
KarabearComics
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Postby KarabearComics » Tue May 19, 2015 7:23 pm

I should say that my involvement began again here.
KarabearComics
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Postby Hogan » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:25 pm

Okay, where to begin...?

While, more than a tad bit delayed, working on the 2015 Caper, I went and checked out couple of the comics from the 2014 Caper and found out that the Thomas & Xachary/Autumn Bay-crossover part of said Caper had moved ahead by 4 strips over the summer! :o

I went and updated the Caper Hub with the new strips straight ahead, and with this message its unfortunately safe to say that we wont see more strips from those two in connection with the Caper of 2104 :(

Autumn Bay has rebooted and will start again all over, and with the whole archive having been deleted, I have changed the links in the Hub to the strips saved on Thomas & Zachary's site. Those which was not mirrored there have had their links changed to the internal copy of the Hub, stored there for just such an occasion.

To top this I, by checking other comics, find out that Karabear have ALSO gone ahead and updated with more than 20+ strips in Karabear Comics Presents Special! :o

So, after having also added those strips to the Hub I return to this very forum to notice the post above in which Kara states that she is returning and links to the first of the very same set of strips I'd just added... and then I remember I read the post so long ago but had it swept away in the chaos that has been my issues of Work for so very long :-|

So, well, I guess I have only myself to blame for not having kept up to date, but now at least the Caper Hub is updated and I will begin working on the Webcomic Hub soon, probably finally adding each and every strip I have stored to the site, completing the "continuity" as it stands now.

I don't know if there will be any more strips coming, but if there are I will fit them in as best possible :)

As for now, lets get the Hubs fully updated with what the 2014 Caper brought us so we can more ahead and see what the 2015 Caper has in store for us! :cheers:
Hogan
DM of Deities

PreviousNext

Return to Halloween Cameo Caper 2014