The Halloween 2014 Caper... where to host it?

Get behind the veil of fog and visit the site of the 2014 Caper, Kokotomo, The Fantasy Island!

Moderators: Hogan, AggieJanicot

Where to host the 2014 Halloween Caper?

In a Pyramid / Ancient Egypt
No votes
Under the Sea/ R'lyeh
No votes
The Northpole / Antarctic
No votes
Comic Convention
18%
Ponyland
No votes
Lavender Town
9%
Abandoned Summer Camp
No votes
The Net
No votes
Tropical Island
55%
Oz
18%

Total votes : 11

Re: The Halloween 2014 Caper... where to host it?

Postby KAMics » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:50 pm

I don't remember there ever being a limit on characters.

I had 5 in the first caper. Ron had... a bunch in '06 & '08 (maybe in other years, as well, but those I remember for sure.) Karabear probably holds the record for most characters in a caper.
The KAMics - Comic
The KAMics - Comic Mirror
KAMic's Kast - Who's Who
KAM's Fanart - Fanart
KAM's Books - My work in print
KAMics
#1 CameoWhore
#1 CameoWhore

Postby KarabearComics » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:46 am

Well, I have ensemble casts for Karabear Comics Unlimited and Wonder Team, so that's part of my excuse--but there's also that the invitations (which I don't remember a character limit), as far as I know, are more of a suggested flourish. I used them in the 2012 Caper, but decided for a different way in 2013, because of different reasons, primarily due to what influence I wanted the plot of the Caper to have on my storyline.

If people want me to limit my characters, I understand, but there's also the fact that it's difficult for me to know which ones not to take. In case one wonders, this is what I'm toying with this year:

Karabear Comics Unlimited: Eiderdown, Fractal, Astral, Sparkle, the Swimmer, and the Runner, with likely a good amount of side characters in what might only be my storyline and not as cameo fodder
Wonder Team: Wonderson, Amazona, Koi Lusa, Marksman, TNT, Jaguar Man, and Electric Ray (the team), with Ebony likely still showing up
Supertrans: Well, the titular character. I've been thinking about throwing at least two characters from my stagnated-developmented comic The Broken (Split and Protean) in there, because I tend to do that type of thing
Karabear Comics Presents Special: my print characters, primarily the Almighty Protectors (Flame Thrower, Rearranger, Michael, Multiblades, Pinball, Arianna, Dispawn, and B.A.D.), but also thinking of using other characters, too.

But I do plan on making a more self-contained narrative amongst them--each comic having its own narrative, with all four interlocking, without really interfering with the primary Caper plot, maybe being background elements to others' stories. Heck, Supertrans will take place after a lot of it, since I plan to have it be the aftermath of the rest, the entire issue released on Halloween itself.
All the bad things in life only help you appreciate the good even more.
KarabearComics
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Postby Keybounce » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:39 pm

Alright, tropical island.

Last one off, please activate the volcanic doom machine to clean up the island :-)
"So my Mom left me a huge heap of molding, rotten, decaying, puss-dripping zombies ... How cool is that?"

"So what is your advice to me?"
"Stop doing stupid crap."
Keybounce
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Postby KAMics » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:58 pm

Keybounce wrote:Alright, tropical island.

Last one off, please activate the volcanic doom machine to clean up the island :-)

I should think the tsunami would clean off the island just fine... maybe bring in a hurricane/cyclone just to be sure... :twisted:
The KAMics - Comic
The KAMics - Comic Mirror
KAMic's Kast - Who's Who
KAM's Fanart - Fanart
KAM's Books - My work in print
KAMics
#1 CameoWhore
#1 CameoWhore

Previous

Return to Halloween Cameo Caper 2014