Going to Sea

When the flying ships returning to Terra, bringing back magic again, the world and its people were changed forever... now its the home of the Magical Misfits !

Moderator: Wheels

Going to Sea

Postby Wheels » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:52 am

Although it is not yet written in stone it is written in rapidly drying cement. My employer (The United States Coast Guard) has indicated that my next duty station will be aboard a ship. I do not know what that is going to do to the comic. It will not be for the better. Now don't get me wrong I like being underway. I joined the Coast Guard after all. I suspected when I enlisted that they had people on all those ships. This will be my first time assigned to a ship in the Coast Guard although I have done tempory duty on several cutters in the past. I did spend four and a half years assigned to a submarine in the US Navy once upon a time as well. Rest assured I will not shut down MM but I will probably go for months at a time without updating. One thing that my wife's illness did for me was help me create a webcomic studio in a backpack which I will take with me to sea. Whenever I get connectivity I intend to do a major data dump and hopefully keep two or three of my loyal readers. Anyway I will continue to keep you all posted. I am trying to finish the very long Dark eyes story before I have to move. I just can't have your cake and eat it too. Aloha
Wheels
Cursing Footman
Cursing Footman

Re: Going to Sea

Postby ghostrunner » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:11 pm

eh, i'll stick with ya. we old people gotta stick together because its cheaper than buying a walker XD
may all your hauntings be full apparition- jim
ghostrunner
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Re: Going to Sea

Postby Wheels » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:33 am

Now it's written in stone. I am being transfered to San Diego to the USCGC Hamilton. She will be my new home for three years. It will undoubtably throw my updating into a tail spin. My tentative plan is to continue to do Magical Misfits Underway and do data dumps whenever I can find a hot internet spot. But the ship does spent months at sea so that could be quite awhile between updates. I am looking forward to the challenge and I hope when MM appears from time to time I will still have a few loyal readers. Thats the News now Hogan with the weather.
Wheels
Cursing Footman
Cursing Footman

Return to Magical Misfits