Summer Hiatus

When the flying ships returning to Terra, bringing back magic again, the world and its people were changed forever... now its the home of the Magical Misfits !

Moderator: Wheels

Summer Hiatus

Postby Wheels » Thu May 07, 2009 1:06 am

As some of you know I am a Chief Petty Officer in the United States Coast Guard. It is the best job on the entire planet! I am blessed and very thankful to be a part of the US Military. The Coast Guard has decreed that all CPO's must attend Chiefs Academy and my time has come. I am looking forward to this school which takes place in Pedaluma CA. It is five weeks of intensive study and unfortunately I seriously doubt that there will be time for my Beloved Magical Misfits. Perhaps I can throw a filler in from time to time but I would'nt count on it. I hate being off line for five weeks but I know you all understand. Someday when I retire I intend to try and sell books and t-shirts maybe even attend a comiccon now and again. Building a Magical Misfits Website is on my short list of things to do.
Wheels
Cursing Footman
Cursing Footman

Postby Hogan » Thu May 07, 2009 8:31 pm

Hmm... you will be gone for 5 weeks and needs something to come up on your site in the meantion... right? *cackles gleefully* :twisted:

Ohboy... ohboy... the possibilities! :P
Avatar is Hogan cameoing in Misfits of Mischief by ROAR
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby amanda » Wed May 13, 2009 7:14 pm

Awesome! Sad about the hiatus, but Petaluma is one of my favorite places. We used to go there every summer when I was a kid. *ahhh, memories*
amanda
Awestruck Listener
Awestruck Listener

Postby Hogan » Mon May 18, 2009 12:23 am

Oh boy... just got a message relayed to be through Scale, telling that the Misfits have gotten news about Ron's absense and is detemined to take advantage of this "vacation"! :P

If any artist out there is willing to help them with this, give your sincerely a PM or mail stats! 8)

Oh... and don't tell Ron ;)
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby Wheels » Thu May 21, 2009 2:30 pm

So long all. And last person to leave please turn off the lights. :cry:
Wheels
Cursing Footman
Cursing Footman

Postby Hogan » Thu May 21, 2009 11:12 pm

Leave? Who's talking about leaving... now the fun can begin in earnest! :twisted:

Take care and enjoy Ron, we'll see you back in five weeks!
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby Hogan » Sat May 30, 2009 12:34 am

Hogan
DM of Deities

Gogo has been spotted!

Postby Toshubi » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:04 am

A little pic I did for this event.

Forgivness is between them and God... It's up to me to arange the meeting!
Toshubi
Awestruck Listener
Awestruck Listener

Postby KAMics » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:35 am

I sent a guest comic to Hogan's email addie, since I assume he's the one we send these guest comics to.
The KAMics - Comic
The KAMics - Comic Mirror
KAMic's Kast - Who's Who
KAM's Fanart - Fanart
KAM's Books - My work in print
KAMics
#1 CameoWhore
#1 CameoWhore

Postby Hogan » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:30 pm

KAMics wrote:I sent a guest comic to Hogan's email addie, since I assume he's the one we send these guest comics to.

Indeed I was and am the one! Even though I went overseas I still vigiliantly try to keep up my promised work... and you skilled people SO help me along the way! :D
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby KAMics » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:37 am

Hogan wrote:you skilled people SO help me along the way

to insanity! :wink:

Loved the title you gave my guest comic!
The KAMics - Comic
The KAMics - Comic Mirror
KAMic's Kast - Who's Who
KAM's Fanart - Fanart
KAM's Books - My work in print
KAMics
#1 CameoWhore
#1 CameoWhore

Postby Xade » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:02 pm

I got Beb! Just as soon as I finish this current comic (6-22's) and play some sims 3 I'll work on it, I got a very cute one panel planned starring everyone's favorite ogress.

Edit: Test Render! I think I did a good job on her, not too bad for 4 hours of work :) I had to model the clothing by hand

Alright im done and sent it to your mailbox, post it when you want
My twitter My Facebook

Ask Aden things @ IoX forum
Xade
Hardened Rookie
Hardened Rookie

Location: Ohio, USA, sitting before my computer either drawing or web browsing

Postby Wheels » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:04 am

Xade wrote:I got Beb! Just as soon as I finish this current comic (6-22's) and play some sims 3 I'll work on it, I got a very cute one panel planned starring everyone's favorite ogress.

Edit: Test Render! I think I did a good job on her, not too bad for 4 hours of work :) I had to model the clothing by hand

Thank You for doing this! one small nit. Thats Bec (Short for Rebecca) Beb is one of the kids. Star, Fury, plug, Dark Eyes, The Prince now King Nor, Stewart and Jib Sail! fame. You did a great job on the Immortal Librarian's wife!
Wheels
Cursing Footman
Cursing Footman

Postby Xade » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:18 am

Wheels wrote:
Xade wrote:I got Beb! Just as soon as I finish this current comic (6-22's) and play some sims 3 I'll work on it, I got a very cute one panel planned starring everyone's favorite ogress.

Thank You for doing this! one small nit. Thats Bec (Short for Rebecca) Beb is one of the kids. Star, Fury, plug, Dark Eyes, The Prince now King Nor, Stewart and Jib Sail! fame. You did a great job on the Immortal Librarian's wife!

ah! shoot! I'll go and change it, send the new one to hogan! shoulda pmed me, I would have noticed sooner than just before bed >_< thanks for the praise thats victoria 4, wit6h some creature creator morphs diled up to creat the fem ogre effect, and altered v4 clothing, with colors sampled from a Bec comic. I'm surprised that I actually got her done in less than a day, really. I had a few setbacks, but nothing major. Guess all the custom modeling I did made me something of a pro :P I wonder what other custom clothing I can do :) I gave her eyebrows in the final edition, she looked wonky without them so I spruced up a transmap for her brows.

Fixed and sent to Hogan. It's actually basic camera shots, with text and then a scene shot but still, it is rather cute. After it's posted I'll post it on my deviant account. Hope you dont mind, since it is still a work of art ;)

I might call in a favor later, maybe ask you for a quick filler one day, and it was the least I could do for one of my friends. Now to get feswork's fan comic out of the way (in a good way fes if you ever read this) and a few others that I promised and I will be all set.
My twitter My Facebook

Ask Aden things @ IoX forum
Xade
Hardened Rookie
Hardened Rookie

Location: Ohio, USA, sitting before my computer either drawing or web browsing

Postby Wheels » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:11 pm

And I am back! Learned alot! Petaluma CA is very pretty. I am alergic to it ! Who knew one head could produce so much fluid! I lost 2% body fat and I met the Master Chief of the Coast Guard! All in all a very well spent month. I did however miss my Misfits. Thanks to Hogan for running the store! Great work, and to all of you for your guest strips I am humbled by your generosity. Thank you
Wheels
Cursing Footman
Cursing Footman

Postby Hogan » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:45 pm

Who! Good to hear you back again my good FOBG! Even better to hear that you've had a blast, though hard, of a time! :)

Thanks for trusting me enough to hand over the ropes for MM for a time, it was nice to get a view into the background of DD comics as well as getting to run wild for a bit :P

Also thanks to all those who helped out... in alphabetically order:

AK Brando
Ghostrunner
Joff
KAM
Pip
Riley
Toshubi
Xade

Now back to your regular scheduled Misfit program! :P
Hogan