Dark Eyes Shower

When the flying ships returning to Terra, bringing back magic again, the world and its people were changed forever... now its the home of the Magical Misfits !

Moderator: Wheels

Dark Eyes Shower

Postby Wheels » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:35 pm

Welcome to Dark Eye’s Baby Shower
The event will take place at the displaced in time Western Town of Shelterville. For those of you unaware of it Shelterville can be reached by summoning the train. Your eyes will seem to loose focus for a moment and a vintage Western Style 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive pulling a mail car a flat bed and two coaches will arrive. Don’t worry even though the train crew is made up of EOU droids, they are reformed and self aware.
The train will take you to Shelterville. Sherriff Hank will direct you to the towns main saloon where the Wood elf Star Ironkeel and the Centaur Fury are holding a Baby shower for their friend and team mate Dark Eyes.
Background
Dark Eyes a bat healer met her soul mate Brian right here in Shelterville during the 2006_Halloween_Cameo_Caper. It was love at first sight. Brian is an albino black bear from the comic Drunken_Scribblings.
Soon afterward Dark Eyes was critically injured during the Crossover_Wars. Her mentor Baby only just managed to save the young healers life by altering her DNA to accept donor organs and tissue. This had the result of forever altering Dark Eyes appearance from the mousy grey Bat to the white and maroon furred creature she is today. Dark Eyes then went on a dimension jumping adventure with Brian during which time she and Brian consummated their love.
At the end of the adventure they were once again torn apart.
In spite of the fact that Baby had told Dark Eyes she would never conceive due to her war injuries, Dark Eyes has become pregnant.
The shower
Star and Fury have invited one or two of your characters to stop by have some punch with the girls from Magical Misfits
The Guide linesfor the Cameos.
One or two female characters
A link to a good example of the character.
A gift if you like but if not I will just have them carry a wrapped box
Color is good but if you do B&W I will just have the character be black and white no explanation just there they are.
If you have a short line you would like your character to say I will try incorporating it but no promises.
Please reply to this post to RSVP for the Shower
Thanks for your interest
Last edited by Wheels on Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:27 am, edited 10 times in total.
Wheels
Cursing Footman
Cursing Footman

Postby hpkomic » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:08 pm

Count me in!

I think Mara would like to attend.

As far as what she brings? Probably food, she's a hungry lass and wants to make sure there is a enough food to go around!
hpkomic
Awestruck Listener
Awestruck Listener

Postby Hawk » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:51 am

Please include one of my characters!

Here is Brooke.

She might bring some sort of hand-made stuffed animal or doll.
Hawk
Awestruck Listener
Awestruck Listener

Postby Wheels » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:06 am

Wow guys these are two of my favorites thank you.
Wheels
Cursing Footman
Cursing Footman

Postby fesworks » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:31 am

Hawk wrote:Please include one of my characters!

Here is Brooke.

She might bring some sort of hand-made stuffed animal or doll.

Holy crap! I haven't read Culture Shock in forever! (it was doomed in my Hiatus Bookmark folder with over 100 other comics :P )

Wheels, you already know who's coming from P.S.I., but just for everyone else:

Nemi - She'll have WS

Jenny Everywhere - She'll probably take an ordinary object, once there, and "shift" it into something else.

Scale - Up to you, or Hogan, she was at the mall last, I don't know if she knew that a baby shower was going to be happening.... Actually... DOES she know?
fesworks
Charging Knight
Charging Knight

Postby Hogan » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:50 am

fesworks wrote:Scale - Up to you, or Hogan, she was at the mall last, I don't know if she knew that a baby shower was going to be happening.... Actually... DOES she know?

Scale will be there, that has already been cleared with Wheels back before the forum-reset :)
Avatar is Hogan cameoing in Misfits of Mischief by ROAR
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby fesworks » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:44 am

Wheels, Since Scale has hung out a lot with the MM crew, I'm writting it that Scale knows about the baby shower. It will make it WAY easier for me to get all 3 of them over to MM with less strips on my end.
fesworks
Charging Knight
Charging Knight

Postby AggieJanicot » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:17 am

You're more than welcome to use Aggie/me :P

Image I have dark brown hair, pale skin and love red sweaters. Recently I've cut off my long whisps of hair and I'm letting it all grow out... but.. I really do look like Aggie/myself.. .hehehehee

As for gifts: I like to sew baby quilts from scratch. I suspect Scale still doesn't know Deccy is on "Earth" hiding out, or that Aggie has saved him. I also suspect that Scale doesn't know Aggie and Reinder are dating.

Poor Scale. She's gonna have a cow when she figures that one out. Wouldn't that make Rein an Uncle?

hehehehe
Aggie
Tennessee Vampires, Werewolves and Witches: http://americangothicdaily.com
Post-Apocalyptic Dystopian Vampires: http://squareonecomics.com
AggieJanicot
Hogan's Hamster
Hogan's Hamster

Postby Wheels » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:09 am

Fesworks Wrote
Wheels, Since Scale has hung out a lot with the MM crew, I'm writting it that Scale knows about the baby shower. It will make it WAY easier for me to get all 3 of them over to MM with less strips on my end.
Last edited by Wheels on Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wheels
Cursing Footman
Cursing Footman

Postby Wheels » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:19 pm

American Gothic Wrote

I'm glad you posted. Hogan already volunteered you but I was going to do your lioness avatar. My gang will not spill any beans to Scale not that I can think of anyway they would know. Great to have you aboard
Wheels
Cursing Footman
Cursing Footman

Postby Hogan » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:31 pm

Wheels wrote:By all means. I always assume that Scale knows where she needs to be. It's her nature. Hogan can correct me if I'm wrong.

Pretty close, though I see it more like she has a tendency to, unknowingly, show up places where he is needed and there are adventures to be had... ;)
In the case of the Shower I've always believed she somehow have gotten an invitation beforehand :)

Wheels wrote:American Gothic Wrote

I'm glad you posted. Hogan already volunteered you but I was going to do your lioness avatar. My gang will not spill any beans to Scale not that I can think of anyway they would know. Great to have you aboard

Just call me Aggie's Pimp :twisted:
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby reinder » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:29 pm

I think Norla nd Kel should go, being youngish moms themselves. At the end of the Crossover Wars, they were stuck in the faerie realms of Wodeskog. Kel's bio. She has that dress until the end of the epilogue, when she gives it away to Krakatoa. After that, she goes nude but with a large hat as shown in this comic. As they couldn't leave the Wodeskog until that time, you'd be stuck with her being nude at the time of the baby shower, but I'm thinking of giving her something made of squirrel fur to wear for the colder months of the year, so if you want that, I can whip up a reference pic for you.
Norla's bio. Norla would be nude all year round and wearing a mix of pagan and Christian symbols on her body (a cross on a chain around her waist and a blue bundle or fasces on her chest). The transparent things behind her back are her wings - they can be seen here.

For a baby shower, they'd bring headgear in their local style, and/or lucky charms made from readily available materials: scraps of squirrel fur, their own hair, dried leaves, resin, fabrics made from plant fibers and beeswax. And some of those glow sticks they use at the tribe meeting in the reference page.
Reinder Dijkhuis
Rogues of Clwyd-Rhan | Blog
reinder
Cameowhore in training
Cameowhore in training

Location: On cartoon street corners offering appearances to any comic characters that catch my eye

Postby Wheels » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:00 am

I have 40 ladies so far. I have very few disappointments as far as RSVP to invitations . only a few. This will start next week. See you all in Shelterville!
Wheels
Cursing Footman
Cursing Footman

Postby Wheels » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:22 am

So far Jenny Everywhere. here
Nemi PSI
Scale Cameo_Comic
Aggie American_Gothic
Nikkie The_KAMics
Goldie Like_Fish_in_water
New Girl from New_Girl
Endie from Grin_n_Spirit
Koku and Kita from Littl_Bat_Koku
Sky and Summer from Public_Humiliation
These are not "Official shower cameos" These are just faces in the crowd the "Official Cameos" will start at The Presentation of the Gifts which will start on Friday. Start counting then. If you haven't RSVPed it is not to late!
Wheels
Cursing Footman
Cursing Footman

Postby TLT Thomas » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:42 am

If it's not too late I'd like Cassie to be a part of this!

Here's a good drawing of her... I'm especially pleased about how this one turned out.

TLT Thomas
Awestruck Listener
Awestruck Listener

Postby Wheels » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:49 am

TLT Thomas
If it's not too late I'd like Cassie to be a part of this!

It is not too late. Welcome to the party![/b]
Wheels
Cursing Footman
Cursing Footman

Postby Wheels » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:49 am

Hey could I get a link to your comic?
Wheels
Cursing Footman
Cursing Footman

Postby Hogan » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:34 am

Wheels wrote:Hey could I get a link to your comic?

Like Cassie is SO from Times Like This, also on Drunk Duck :D
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby Hogan » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:07 pm

Just me giving note on the fact that I've finally started on adding the Baby Shower cameos properly to the Archive... :)

... while off course planning Ron's demise for him giving me so much work... ;)
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby Wheels » Fri May 01, 2009 10:21 pm

And the Shower is done! Now we begin the birth, And Dark Eyes' quest to find Brian! Thank You all for lending me your toons I do so appreciate it.
Ron
Wheels
Cursing Footman
Cursing Footman

Next

Return to Magical Misfits