Halloween Cameo Caper 2009 Central Hub

The Halloween Cameo Caper 2009, taking place in forlorn Castle Overlook ! Get into the spirit of the place!

Moderators: Hogan, Tinkerbell

Re: Halloween Cameo Caper 2009 Central Hub

Postby Hogan » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:46 pm

Finally, after more than a months delay, I finally managed to get the Hub updated again, with both all the strips Insanity of Xade and Grin-N-Spirit had launched in the meantime...

... and I even managed to fix all the links to IoX which suddenly were invalid ;)

if I have missed any, or if other comics have updated with Caper-material, DO let me know!

It was actually an uphill struggle getting this update done, using a mixmash of programs and back-upped files, but it was possible! :)

... now, to see if I can keep up the Hub to actually see the stories to the end! :D
Avatar is Hogan cameoing in Misfits of Mischief by ROAR
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby Xade » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:01 pm

ah, sorry Hogan, I updated my site to the new Comic Reef ^_^ Blkknight is the one doing it, and I'm helping! I forgot to warn you about that :( also, I dont seem to show the new edits, did you forget to upload?
My twitter My Facebook

Ask Aden things @ IoX forum
Xade
Hardened Rookie
Hardened Rookie

Location: Ohio, USA, sitting before my computer either drawing or web browsing

Postby Hogan » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:31 pm

Hmm... nope, I uploaded and it shows up okay when I check it from here...? :?
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby Xade » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:17 pm

okay, must have been a server hiccough or something
My twitter My Facebook

Xade
Hardened Rookie
Hardened Rookie

Postby fesworks » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:45 am

I'm posting here for the 2010 cameo caper, because I don't want to forget... but PSI will likely be apart of the 2010 Cameo Caper... If I can do a crossover with Grin n' Spirit... I BELIEVE I will be ready by then to have the crossover I need to get that Circlet back into PSI... I'll be dealing with the Belt from Magical Misfits soon.... leaving Grin n' Spirit the only outside-of-PSI plot point that requires a crossover o_O
fesworks
Charging Knight
Charging Knight

Postby Hogan » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:34 pm

Wohoo, I managed to actually keep up, so as of today the Hub should once again be complete with the latest updates from the still ongoing travels of Grin-N-Spirit as well as Insanity of Xade :)

Its still good to follow these storylines as they unfold!

... and Forum for 2010 is up Fes ;)
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby Xade » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:55 pm

Hogan wrote:Wohoo, I managed to actually keep up, so as of today the Hub should once again be complete with the latest updates from the still ongoing travels of Grin-N-Spirit as well as Insanity of Xade

LOl, yeah and mixed up the 9th and 12th's update pictures on my update. You're slipping Hogan. See why you need an assistant?
My twitter My Facebook

Xade
Hardened Rookie
Hardened Rookie

Postby Hogan » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:14 am

Xade wrote:
Hogan wrote:Wohoo, I managed to actually keep up, so as of today the Hub should once again be complete with the latest updates from the still ongoing travels of Grin-N-Spirit as well as Insanity of Xade

LOl, yeah and mixed up the 9th and 12th's update pictures on my update. You're slipping Hogan. See why you need an assistant?

Ah hell, must have mixed the two entries when I added the numbers... ah well, second-choice programs do not always give the best results... I'll see if I can fix it tomorrow when I, hopefully, have my PC back home and my usual software installed again :)
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby Xade » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:17 pm

I'm adding a little history to Alfred's grandfather, and going to have it where he was named after said grandfather, More details on 3/02's strip.

and you still havent fixed the two strip thumbnails, need I douse your axe with some water?
My twitter My Facebook

Xade
Hardened Rookie
Hardened Rookie

Postby Hogan » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:42 pm

Finally got the time and energy to update the Hub again, catching up on the latest shenanigans of Grin-N-Spirit and Insanity of Xade! :)

... anyone who wants to take a bet which one of those two will finish their Caper-related parts first... or if they will finish before any possible Caper 2010 will start up? :P

Also, got the thumbnails fixed Xade ;)
... or so I hope!
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby Xade » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:27 pm

Hogan wrote:Also, got the thumbnails fixed Xade ;)
... or so I hope!

Nope! you got them mucked up still
you have feb 5th and 9th as the same now

This is on my newly installed windows 7 main pc so there is no cache to have to clear.

My files are actually dated, why dont you give easy thumbnails a try, its what I use and you can chose the same file name as the orginal file. While I'm suggesting, since you do not use advanced pages like php and simply use probably htm and html files try Pagebreeze, it's what I used to use until I went php, which is really a little beyond pagebreeze if you do advanced scripting. It has a what you see is what you get (wiysiwyg--pronounced wizzysig) interface instead of struggling through what I can only assume is either your host's file editor or notepad.

Now, if you want to get my webdesign skills on the site, see my own and magicialmisfits.net I could spruce something up for you in a matter of minutes that is easy to update via php files and you dont have to even mess with code, just update say content.php and go. Now if you want to go the whole 9 yards with a drop down menu, sidebar, ect that might cost you a small fee...I'm kinda hard up on money atm :P
My twitter My Facebook

Xade
Hardened Rookie
Hardened Rookie

Postby Hogan » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:05 am

Funny, that mistake actually comes from me having names the file wrong when I took it down from the net... even the strip in the archive was the wrong one. Not an error in the software, just an Error X, stupid Human Interface... :|

Well, its fixed now, and I took the liberty of bringing the Hub up to date again...

Thanks for the offer Xade, but I'll stick to what I have and know for now, it works well enough, I just have to be careful about using it when I am tired and/or stressed... which actually makes it hard to get anything done these days :(

However, keep telling me every mistake I've made, its appreciated :cheers:
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby Xade » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:51 pm

*double checks everything and refreshes cache* okay, all good, next comic should be friday btw. My hand is doing loads better. Those tools, especially the thumbnail one is very easy to use. Just set the parameters, browse to the files (or copy and paste) and go. But of course, to each their own.
My twitter My Facebook

Xade
Hardened Rookie
Hardened Rookie

Postby Hogan » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:48 pm

Good to hear your hand is doing better... THATS a valuable tool if I ever saw one ;)

Actually, I pretty much use the thumbnail-addon from my old trusty ACDsee :)
Its easy and flexible, and the mistakes usually happens when I have named the original file wrong or I forget to update the filenames in html after having completed my Copy + Paste actions... 8)

What takes me the longest when I set up the various Caper + Crossover Wars archives, are going about securing the strips for posterity as well as adding the right links to the Hubs :mrgreen:
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby Hogan » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:49 am

Just got the Hub updated again, seems like we are on track now :)
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby Xade » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:43 pm

I shamelessly use the caper to further my own April Fools gag. Steve trips over a writer's block and hits me with it by accident. You can make it part of the caper but you don't have to if you feel the filler is irrelevant.
My twitter My Facebook

Xade
Hardened Rookie
Hardened Rookie

Postby ghostrunner » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:13 am

drunken scribblings is linked for the cross cameo caper here http://www.grin-n-spirit.com/hardgrin692.html
may all your hauntings be full apparition- jim
ghostrunner
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:44 am

Thanks, dude! Good to finally link up :P

Tink
The Drunken Scribblings!

Nobody's a nobody
Tinkerbell
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Postby Xade » Fri May 07, 2010 2:32 pm

due to the program messing up and life hitting my crossover partner rather hard in the form of college our crossover has been postponed until he can get out of school and settled in his new job. We can still use the basic castle setting but it won't be Castle Overlook. Instead I am brining Francis "Frank" Mical, (A ground hog) seen here, here, and here, a soon to be antagonist over to investigate why Alex left the planet, since Zand Zanderson (The snail in the same comics) is keeping tabs on him for a currently unrevealed reason. You can cameo him if you like but I plan on him just lurking in the background and staying out of everyone's way until the very end. Frank is a school trained wizard, so is actually well versed in magic and staying invisible. However, Alex has Aden, who "wrote the book" Frank learned from, so has a distinct advantage over him. :P
My twitter My Facebook

Xade
Hardened Rookie
Hardened Rookie

Postby Hogan » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:15 am

Oookay, just updated the 2009 Hub with the last Grin-N-Spirit strips to a point where GNS's interaction with the Caper and Castle Overlook has come to an end. It was a fitting place to stop the logging as I agreed with Jim, otherwise I would still be logging this storyline! :D

With Xade having to go out of business for some time due to softwar (and possible hardware-?)-problems, I think we at this point can consider the Halloween Caper of 2009 for ended! :cheers:

I will soonish clear up the site and set it a way for safe storage for the future... if anyone has a drawing fitting for the front page image, or want to make one up, this is the time to tell about it ;)

Thanks for 2009 people, see you at 2010! 8)
Hogan
DM of Deities

PreviousNext

Return to Halloween Cameo Caper 2009