Apple of Discord RSVP

The Halloween Cameo Caper 2009, taking place in forlorn Castle Overlook ! Get into the spirit of the place!

Moderators: Hogan, Tinkerbell

Apple of Discord RSVP

Postby Kallisti » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:56 am

I'd love to play along... but I do have a question. Who of my cast would you like to have at this shindig? A couple of suggestions of a couple of good pairings:

Art and Leaf : My original pair of main characters, Art is a cynical but friendly Human, Leaf is a bitter and slightly impulsive Elf. Technically not in AoD anymore (they quit earlier this year) but more-than-likely will be back well before time. Also, Art has a new toy that will make his appearance in this caper all the more interesting.

Sir Vivor and The Archer: Sir Edwin Vivor of Redshirtia is the kingdon's last surviving knight due to the fact that he's nigh immortal. The Archer of Discord (aka Fletcher) is a webcomic-cliche hunting bow-and-arrow wielding engine of bad-ass-ed-ness. Granted, The Archer is sort of on a number of "Webcomic Most Wanted" lists due to his frequent 'pruning' of other people's webcomics and his lack of tolerance for stereotypical characters... that might put him at odds with some of his perspective teammates.

Dr Hubris and Jenny Somewhere: Dr Hubris is an etihics-and-forsight challenged inventor of the highest calibur. While not technically evil, his inventions can often be horrible (or at least have horrible applications) because his concern is more with "can it be done" and less with "should it be done". Jenny S. is Hubris' adopted daughter... technically... however in truth, she's actually a clone of Jenny Everywhere that he made to see if it could be done. She doesn't know this. Jenny has all the standard Shifter powers (inter-dimensional crossability, object transformation) but because she's a clone and not the 'real deal', she doesn't have the built-in mental connection to all the other Jennies in existance and therefore cannot control where her powers shift her to - thus the moniker Jenny "Somewhere" that she's adopted for herself.

Any preferences?
Kallisti
Young and Foolish
Young and Foolish

Postby Xade » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:13 am

welcome, I'ml ooking for someone with magic (or magck) powers to go against Alex in his quest for the energy equalizing amulet but it doesnt have to me a magic user, it could be a scienctific guy, Alex is a mixture of both, actually. His car, Cara is a top of the line, experimental car, for example, and he knows a lot about technology. We havent seen it yet but he can "Macgyver" things together to suit his need, he did make the wings on Cara, ya know. He also has a little helper in his "lab" or kitchen that he made similar to, but not exactly like the helpers in Girl Genius, where I got the idea. They look and act nothing like hers so I'm safe. Look in my thread for full details on what the amulet can do and see if your interested in signing up your mad scientist. He could be interested in it because of what it can do....but of course Alex would have to wind up with it, since he needs it to help his diabetes
My twitter My Facebook

Ask Aden things @ IoX forum
Xade
Hardened Rookie
Hardened Rookie

Location: Ohio, USA, sitting before my computer either drawing or web browsing

Postby Kallisti » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:40 am

I could always mix-and-match characters too, though coming up with convincing reasons why they'd be travelling together might be complicated... unless we just lampshade the whole thing.

Hubris: So... why am I going to a castle in the absolute middle-of-nowhere... with you?

Archer: The script says we do?

Hubris: *sigh* I was afraid so.

Remember, most of my characters aren't just Webcomic Aware - they're Webcomic Annoyed. They're not only aware that they're in a webcomic... most of them view being in a webcomic with about the same distain and contempt that someone who was the unwilling participant in a reality television show might view their own situation.
Kallisti
Young and Foolish
Young and Foolish

Postby Tinkerbell » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:52 am

Webcomic Annoyed? I like it.

Tink
The Drunken Scribblings!

Nobody's a nobody
Tinkerbell
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Postby Hogan » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:06 am

Tinkerbell wrote:Webcomic Annoyed? I like it.

Tink

Me too :)

Could make for some quite interesting situations, especially in a mix of webcomic aware and not so aware characters :lol:

... as long as they don't take the opportunity to start a union against their artists! :shock:
Avatar is Hogan cameoing in Misfits of Mischief by ROAR
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby Kallisti » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:46 pm

Still undecided on who all is coming from AoD - does anyone have any other thoughts or feelings? Here's a couple more potentials:

Gabbie - She's an unemployeed goblinette slacker who used to be the "Muse of Bad Ideas" in the Fantasy Zone of AoD until she was fired once they worked out that humans were entirely capable of coming up with bad ideas on their own. She's green with pointed ears and white hair... and almost painfully cute. She was the end result of the January 09 Character-Creation-Contest where I let my readers roll up a new character, but I've had a hard time finding the right place for her in the comic itself.

Steve - Steve fell into a coma in 1993 (after repeatedly being forced to watch the Super Mario Bros movie) and didn't wake up until early 2008. Steve is incredibly bright and naturally good with electronics, but the lack of 15 years worth of social and cultural growth have sort of trapped him as a perpetual n00b, as well as an outstanding social commentator on the things that have gone horribly wrong with our own society in regards to technological development. Steve's also an insomniac, reasoning that he's "slept enough to earn it". Also, he did not come out of the coma naturally - he was induced by a transfusion of regenerative nanites (courtesy of Dr Hubris) and still had those nanites inside him, for better or worse.
Kallisti
Young and Foolish
Young and Foolish

Return to Halloween Cameo Caper 2009