Insanity of Xade has reference pics but still delayed.

The Halloween Cameo Caper 2009, taking place in forlorn Castle Overlook ! Get into the spirit of the place!

Moderators: Hogan, Tinkerbell

Insanity of Xade has reference pics but still delayed.

Postby Xade » Tue May 12, 2009 2:12 am

Due to a family crisis I havent had any time to actually work on my comic except for minutes at a time, see my part of the forum for details. But, I do plan on participating and give you full permission to give Alex a background cameos, as Alex wonders the halls looking for the right library that leads down to the catacombs. I'll return the cameos when I can and stuff. right now I need to focus on helping my Dad get better. Thanks :)
Invader Scurk and I are doing a crossover, but we have both been delayed a little so there's no huge rush atm. I just hope Dad learns to listen to the caregivers, he hasnt made their job easy.

Here is Alex's reference image. Dont forget Alex has darker blond streaks in his hair, an after effect of Nexus.

Aden's is right here I finally got it done.
I submitted it to deviant art cause its been so long since I actually did anything there.

If you need anything deel free to reply or pm me.
===================================================

Xade wrote:(from the setting thread) interesting! Alex can come to this one, if there is a catacombs, I will need him to visit some in the future. With a secret treasure, a magic amulet that helps to stabilize, not cure, diabetes. The owners of the castle knows not what it does, only that it seems to drain the user. However, that draining is used to force the aura (energy field) of the user to equalize health problems. The ones who tried it on before were healthy so the amulet simply drained the aura to store it for future use. Over time it would amplify and return the energy. Therefore, Alfred Doletti's family was scared when it started to drain their energies and stashed it below the castle without waiting to see what the amulet actually does.

Alex discovers it in an astral trip and decides to investigate. He may or may not have someone with him, it all depends on the current story. There is a guardian however. A prisoner who escaped and roams the catacombs and found the amulet yet cannot remove it because it takes two people to do so, or telekinesis, (which Alex has,) guards it because it is "his precious" yeah LoTR style. Or someone else could covet it from another comic (will need to know who wants to crossover with me ASAP so I can get the models ready) and get into a fight with Alex, who eventually gives it to him because they find out that he has a true need for it, AKA, he faints in the battle doue to his sugar dropping, and is resorted to using his ARA (Adrenalin Rush Attack, a close analogy is the FF limit break) in order to recover and knock out his opponent.

Will get reference images and all that jazz up later, I gotta get to bed.
Last edited by Xade on Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:15 pm, edited 5 times in total.
My twitter My Facebook

Ask Aden things @ IoX forum
Xade
Hardened Rookie
Hardened Rookie

Location: Ohio, USA, sitting before my computer either drawing or web browsing

Postby Hogan » Sat May 16, 2009 11:34 pm

Sounds like an interesting plotpoint! And now we have already expanded the setting with the catacombs below the castle! A good start I say! :D

Welcome to the Caper Xade and Alex! :D
Avatar is Hogan cameoing in Misfits of Mischief by ROAR
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby Xade » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:45 am

yeah, this time, as you can see by following IoX, I am planning well in advance for it, I already have a baby sitter for Alex's daughters. And despite the garage scene coming up, it will be brief and I will do a few time skips as he is getting trained up. I just have to make sure I dont take too long. This will happen during his 1 week vacation he negotiated for with his boss.

Oh, on a side note, Alex will be accompanied by Aden/Trainer. He has to keep his teacher near by, ya know. His training will take at least 3 Xadian months. Some astute people can actually see Aden when his awareness leaves his body. (By body I mean the staff that Alex carries.) Aden will always control Alex with "floppy ears" so everyone will know who is who. I was tired when I posted the initial post. I'm tired again but eh, I do my board crawling before bed anyhow.

Edit: BlkKnight and I are planning a meeting by passing, which might expand into something more if no one else goes after the stabilizer. It's too soon to tell if anyone is gonna dive in and help out, and our plan is variable based.
My twitter My Facebook

Xade
Hardened Rookie
Hardened Rookie

Postby Xade » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:06 pm

does anyone want to be the one that Alex goes up against and end up giving the amulet to him? I only have one more dark eyes comic to do before the initial chapter 4, featuring the caper. in a nut shell, I need an antagonizer with a hidden heart of gold, that will terrorize him as he makes his way to it then find out why he needed and let him have it at the last minute. I can make up someone but it would be more fun to cameo/crossover. thanks
My twitter My Facebook

Xade
Hardened Rookie
Hardened Rookie

Postby Invader Scurk » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:23 pm

I think it would be very interesting to do a cross over with you! You seem to know what you're doing, and you have an established comic. I don't know too much about 3D model comics (I'm a pen and paper man myself), but I'm game to team up with you!

I'll send you a PM with my email address. Also, if you want to get a sense of my characters, feel free to check out my comic (sig is a link). It's not too long now, but I'm going to blow through September to get it to the point I want for the cross over.

The characters I will be taking to the crossover are the main character (Scurk, and he can be your antagonist that has the amulet), and his robot companion (who in the comic is currently disabled).

I'll check out your comic in the meantime.
Invader Scurk
Petty Toddler
Petty Toddler

Postby Xade » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:18 pm

outstanding, I sent you a few messages. along with my basic idea. I'll be entering it by the end of september, you can enter it whenever. hopefully I will have my internet back before the crossover and we can find a place to chat, if you dont have an IM then there's always my site =D
My twitter My Facebook

Xade
Hardened Rookie
Hardened Rookie

Postby Hogan » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:08 pm

I'm about to get the Hub going and just wanted to check to be sure... can this be considered your first entry in the Caper? :)
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby Xade » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:11 pm

Hogan wrote:I'm about to get the Hub going and just wanted to check to be sure... can this be considered your first entry in the Caper? :)

yes it could, but I am debating on moving off the duck and combining so please link to the main site.
My twitter My Facebook

Xade
Hardened Rookie
Hardened Rookie

Postby Hogan » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:33 pm

Xade wrote:
Hogan wrote:I'm about to get the Hub going and just wanted to check to be sure... can this be considered your first entry in the Caper? :)

yes it could, but I am debating on moving off the duck and combining so please link to the main site.

You are not making this easy for me! :lol:

Okay, good thing I was still working on this... links over to main site... pronto!
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby Xade » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:35 pm

well, the duck is acting up and I hear theyre usisng people's art without permission so I'm seriously thinking about it. Besides, the main site is prettier than the duck :p
My twitter My Facebook

Xade
Hardened Rookie
Hardened Rookie

Postby Hogan » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:30 am

Xade wrote:well, the duck is acting up and I hear theyre usisng people's art without permission so I'm seriously thinking about it. Besides, the main site is prettier than the duck :p

I don't know for true about all the rumors... but I know a request when I see it! :P

First strips up, links (should) point towards main site!
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby Xade » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:34 am

dont forget today's this whole chapter centerts around the caper, hopefully it will be shorter than chapter two :P
My twitter My Facebook

Xade
Hardened Rookie
Hardened Rookie

Re: Insanity of Xade rides again! (with Ref pic)

Postby Xade » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:19 pm

its been delayed but I do plan on still working on the caper, it will take a while, view my twitter for details or check out the new thread in my part of the forum.
My twitter My Facebook

Xade
Hardened Rookie
Hardened Rookie

Re: Insanity of Xade has reference pics but still delayed.

Postby Xade » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:50 am

bump because I have the reference images in the first post :)
My twitter My Facebook

Xade
Hardened Rookie
Hardened Rookie

Re: Insanity of Xade has reference pics but still delayed.

Postby Xade » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:11 am

I thought I would inform everyone that currently it appears that I might be able to update weekly. There's no promises, but I do have next week's almost done. Sadly my neighbor is without net again so im in the parking lot of the Mocha House to post this and check my emails at 3am with my papers beside me. But I'll survive, I think.
My twitter My Facebook

Xade
Hardened Rookie
Hardened Rookie

Return to Halloween Cameo Caper 2009