Hogan's Convention Schedule

For the general talk and chatter about news, events and ideas of the world of webcomics, stuff that is for everyone, and not just belong under a seperate forum.

Hogan's Convention Schedule

Postby Hogan » Tue May 22, 2012 10:01 pm

All the cool people seems to be doing a schedule like this, so in order to break the mold, so will I.

The reason I would like to do this is generally just to hang around, to meet the artist that keeps fueling my daily webcomic addiction and most of all... hopefully to get to meet a lot of the people I've gotten to know through webcomics and the web, before they slide away again!

I attenteded the ComicGenesisCookout for three years in a row, and it was a blast! I got to meet a lot of friends and loved ones, among whom a good number of them have now dropped out of sight again, making those meetings more precious.
Especially in the later years I got to combine the cookout with a mini-vacation in the days up to the event, staying with friends, meeting others on a private basis and generally get to see the area.

I would like to do that again.

Now, I'm not an artist, I don't have anything to sell and I'm not attending anything in any official way. I'm from across the sea for most of the people I know and the conventions I would like to attend, I got a family and a house that keeps a tight rein on my economy, making it hard to squeeze enough out for just one event.

However, I WILL TRY!!

This will be my "wishing list" of things I would like to take part in, events I would like to visit, as well as a status on the odd chance it'll ever get to be something, but thats what I will work towards.

Feel free to chime in if you plan to be at any of the mentioned events (count it as an incentive for me to work harder on making in reality) or with other suggestions for events to participate in, just don't count on more than one cross-sea attendance a year unless I suddenly win the lotto or somehow get a massive backup! :o

Here's to hoping just some of this will become reality! :cheers:

Fantasticon (1st to 3rd of June)

Current Funding: 100 %
Current chance of happening: Failed! :(

Copenhagen Comics

Current Funding: 100 %
Current chance of happening: Success! :-)

Fan Expo Canada

Current Funding: 0 %
Current chance of happening: Failed! :(

Fan Expo Canada - 28-31 Aug

Current Funding: 25 %
Current chance of happening: 50%

Comic-Con

Current Funding: 0 %
Current chance of happening: Will take a miracle
Avatar is Hogan cameoing in Misfits of Mischief by ROAR
Hogan
DM of Deities

Re: Hogan's Convention Schedule

Postby Hogan » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:04 pm

Aaah... my plans gets a great start with me having to miss out on the happening more or less in my own backyard... :roll:

This bodes well for the future... :(
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby Hogan » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:32 am

Yeah, Hogan's Mighthy Hopefull Convention Schedule can be consider scrapped, I'll probably never get to follow up on any plans, especially about attenting anything outside the country, keeping living in hope and denial instead.

Okay, one thing DID come through, but that was also the easiest one... :-)

This weekend I can be found at Copenhagen Comics, the only convention I'll probably be able to attend!

I'll be around, doing some volunteer work as well as doing what you are supposed to do at a comic convention… touring the various tables, meeting artists, listen in at events, shopping comics, and possibly meeting the Webcomic Artists of Rikke Lindskov and Gitte Jensen somewhere inbetween if possible.

It's only the second time I've been able to attend the convention, but then again, its also been three years since the last one they hosted and where I finally managed to turn up, so… :-)

Oh! I will also have a handful of these with me, sharing with whoever might be interested:

I figured I might as well take the chance and do some advertising for my new site of Webcomics Offline now I happened to be around a lot of people who happened to have a large interest in comics (unlike the people I happen to be around in the daily), seeing if I can drum up some traffic and interest :-)

All credits and hugs to Aggie for design and art! :D
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby Hogan » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:43 pm

Just a 2014 updated on this project too... looks like there may be interesting things on the schedule in the coming year :-)
Hogan
DM of Deities

Return to General Webcomic Chatter