Help! :D

For the general talk and chatter about news, events and ideas of the world of webcomics, stuff that is for everyone, and not just belong under a seperate forum.

Help! :D

Postby Net » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:06 pm

Ok, this message is to my webcomic buddies out there, and those of you that read webcomics. I need suggestions of webcomics, using her own words here: " I think I want to go with ones that will help visual learners who have trouble writing. Something sequential, something with allusions perhaps? A good sampling of simple to complex." Now, I know at lot of you read quite a wide variety of comics, so any suggestions will be very appreciated. :)

>Net
ImageImage
Net
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Re: Help! :D

Postby blkknight » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:05 am

Those who read my comic tend to enjoy the writing. It has plenty of backstory and even lore interludes that further develop it (I'd say the allusions are most likely there).
blkknight
Young and Foolish
Young and Foolish

Postby ghostrunner » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:08 am

i tend to read powerpuff girls dojinshi for the art, dominic deegan for the story, and schlock mercinary for the humor
may all your hauntings be full apparition- jim
ghostrunner
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Postby Mae » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:33 pm

Lessee...

Drowtales - Moonless Age is one of my favorites, from artwork to story. I've been reading it for many years now, and watched it go from something that seemed to be based off of Dungeons and Dragons to being rebooted and getting it's own mythology. The artwork itself is -amazing-, I would love to see their studio break into real animation and do a short movie or something.
In general, good for audiences... say 15+, as there is a little gore and some sexual themes. No naughty-bits shown though.

Lotus Root Children is rather short, but the story is wonderful. The art style is a bit different; it's rough and you can see the blue underdrawing, but still very good.
So far, good for audiences 12+. No gore or sexual themes, but the subject matter could be a bit touchy for children.

Queen of Wands ended a few years ago, but still worth the read. Expressive but simple art style, and with storyline and characters that are -real-.
Good for audiences 15+. Sexual and crude humor, swearing, and a couple cases of somewhat theological-sensitive content.
Mae
Young and Foolish
Young and Foolish

Postby Net » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:47 pm

*forwards em on* Thanks all. :)
ImageImage
Net
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Postby littlebeast » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:20 am

Um, that seems sort of broad. Or maybe vague. One of those. I guess I'll just recommend good story-based comics?

so, uh. Questionable Content is always fun. Girl Genius is a good one. Gunnerkrigg Court is, well, rather confusing. But interesting. And you could try City of Reality if you're feeling adventurous. Although it's got a bit that needs to be worked out with the archives... you can still read it fine, but it lacks some of the punch of how it's supposed to be.
Obligatory link to my comic
I have currently have 1 ninja point here.
Current status: Nincada.
littlebeast
Cursing Footman
Cursing Footman

Return to General Webcomic Chatter