Meeting in Seattle

For the general talk and chatter about news, events and ideas of the world of webcomics, stuff that is for everyone, and not just belong under a seperate forum.

Meeting in Seattle

Postby Wheels » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:08 pm

I am going to brag here so if you're not into that it might be a good idea to read something else. Last weekend I had the huge pleasure of Meeting KAM Toshubi Ikus and Dragonzilla in Seattle. I am here for what can only be described as a mind numbing school. But the chance to meet these folks has been fantastic. We spent some time at Pike's place market and then they took me to the most awesome Chinese restaurant in China town, We had a drawing session in some park and I got to watch KAM and Toshubi do their things. It is nice to see how others create their magic. I love how clean Toshubi works! He has tons of stuff almost ready for posting,. Don't miss it. Kam has a drawing box which has Cameo reference material in it! Hogan must never see that box! Then the fab four broke out a video camera and interviewed me! My first interview! I've hit the big time now. They were a little vague on when and where it might appear. And if that was not enough! Kam and Toshubi gave me two T-shirts! Kam gave me a shirt with a comic in which I cameod with the Valkyries at the end of the crossover wars, and Toshubi gave me one with yet to be published art . I did not bring a camera so please be patient I will post pictures. Oh yes I have a custom Toshubi Sticker too. The weather was awesome we all were a little singed I think from the sun. All to soon we had to go back to the real world. I got back on the ferry and KAM got back in his trunk and we went our separate ways. Quite a few firsts for me. I never met a WEBCOMIC artist before and it was great to talk to my peers and get their take on the comic world. By the way KAM knows everything about nearly every webcomic out there. I have never received a verbal compliment on my work up until now. I get nice e-mails and comments now and then but to hear the words is just great. I rarely get to talk about story lines and that was wonderful. So I had a good time. Thanks guys.
Wheels
Cursing Footman
Cursing Footman

Re: Meeting in Seattle

Postby Hogan » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:54 pm

Oh damn, I envy you that meeting! Sounds like a blast :)

*pats axe* "don't you worry, you'll get your turn in time..."
Avatar is Hogan cameoing in Misfits of Mischief by ROAR
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby ghostrunner » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:43 am

thats awesome!! :D
may all your hauntings be full apparition- jim
ghostrunner
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Postby KAMics » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:54 pm

Wheels wrote:They were a little vague on when and where it might appear.

That's because the camera is a Sony & I have a Mac & transferring video from one to the other is difficult. It doesn't help that I'm not very good at technical things. Hopefully soon, though.
The KAMics - Comic
The KAMics - Comic Mirror
KAMic's Kast - Who's Who
KAM's Fanart - Fanart
KAM's Books - My work in print
KAMics
#1 CameoWhore
#1 CameoWhore

Postby KAMics » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:42 pm

I finally got a computer capable of reading some of the camera discs and the first part of the interview with Ron is up.
The KAMics - Comic
KAMic's Kast - Who's Who
KAM's Fanart - Fanart
KAMics
#1 CameoWhore
#1 CameoWhore

Postby KAMics » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:43 pm

And the video site took down the previous video.
The KAMics - Comic
KAMic's Kast - Who's Who
KAM's Fanart - Fanart
KAMics
#1 CameoWhore
#1 CameoWhore

Postby KAMics » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:23 pm

Trying again with a different video hosting site. Hopefully this won't get taken down. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7EENwTDy4g
The KAMics - Comic
KAMic's Kast - Who's Who
KAM's Fanart - Fanart
KAMics
#1 CameoWhore
#1 CameoWhore

Return to General Webcomic Chatter