Bunnies, Watchers and Boardies...

This is the shared forum for all the comic and events of the 2007 webcomic event of the Crossover Wars.

Postby Amon Star » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:13 pm

DaveK wrote:Are you sure about the bird? It looks more like one of VkmSpouge's penguins to me.
You're probably right. My bad.
Amon Star
Hardened Rookie
Hardened Rookie
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:20 am

Postby Author » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:56 am

Yep, that's one of VK's penguins.

http://www.shastrix.com/keenfans/index.php?comic=132 There's FC.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Author
Awestruck Listener
Awestruck Listener
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:36 pm

Postby Hogan » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:57 pm

I think you are right, last one must be one of VkmSpouge's Penguins now that I think back... and Ajac & Kum-El is spot on.

As as I can get it (it helps that I looked back at old scripts), it is:

Ajac (Bunny) & Leo Cage (Wotcher)
Shandralyn (Wotcher) & Kum-El (Boardie)
Lake Wrangler (Boardie?) & ???
VKM's Penguin (Wotcher) & Squata (Bunny)

As for this strip, then I finally got the one beside Jessica Raven (artist cameo she is, yes, but in this event she is a forumite!) identified as Undertow! Hope I got his casual suit right...

Thanks for the help, both strips are now colored and will be up shortly :)
Avatar is Hogan cameoing in Misfits of Mischief by ROAR
User avatar
Hogan
DM of Deities
 
Posts: 3627
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 10:38 pm
Location: Denmark, Kingdom of Adventures

Postby Amon Star » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:11 pm

I can't believe I didn't get Squata. I guess without a blade somewhere in the image I just saw a blue-eyed blond.
Amon Star
Hardened Rookie
Hardened Rookie
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:20 am

Postby Hogan » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:17 pm

Amon Star wrote:I can't believe I didn't get Squata. I guess without a blade somewhere in the image I just saw a blue-eyed blond.


You know, when you put it like that... :lol:

Now working on the next two strips:

http://eou.comicgenesis.com/d/20070814.html
http://eou.comicgenesis.com/d/20070815.html

Featured are Roonstown, Hydragon and DaveK, with the Author showing up later.
This is the case where I couldn't have done without the references from this thread :)
Avatar is Hogan cameoing in Misfits of Mischief by ROAR
User avatar
Hogan
DM of Deities
 
Posts: 3627
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 10:38 pm
Location: Denmark, Kingdom of Adventures

Postby Author » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:26 am

Please, just Author. The Author makes him sound a lot more important and snobby than he really is. Not to mention Author is his name and title rolled into one due to a series of events that will eventually see publishers.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Author
Awestruck Listener
Awestruck Listener
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:36 pm

Postby Hogan » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:02 pm

Author wrote:Please, just Author. The Author makes him sound a lot more important and snobby than he really is. Not to mention Author is his name and title rolled into one due to a series of events that will eventually see publishers.


Thanks, I'll keep that in mind when its time to name the various cameos... )

First strip done, now to see it I can do justice to Author's reference in the second...

Also, there should be a surprise-update for a lot of Forumites soon... and no, I'm not talking about the escapades over at EOU ;)
Avatar is Hogan cameoing in Misfits of Mischief by ROAR
User avatar
Hogan
DM of Deities
 
Posts: 3627
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 10:38 pm
Location: Denmark, Kingdom of Adventures

Postby Amon Star » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:53 am

Hogan wrote:Also, there should be a surprise-update for a lot of Forumites soon... and no, I'm not talking about the escapades over at EOU ;)
Ooh, can't wait. :D
Amon Star
Hardened Rookie
Hardened Rookie
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:20 am

Postby Net » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:46 am

I know what it is-is. I know what it is-is. *dances badly*

Don't mind me, I've had far too much caffeine and far too little sleep as of late.
ImageImage
User avatar
Net
Squire in Training
Squire in Training
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:29 pm

Postby Mae » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:19 am

Hogan wrote:Also, there should be a surprise-update for a lot of Forumites soon... and no, I'm not talking about the escapades over at EOU ;)
*shakes fist*
The suspense!

... I just noticed something. "Forumites". Besides the more obvious (and probably intended) use of the term... could it also be perceived to be "forum mites"? As in little bugs, that crawl on forums? I know "shepherds" evolved from "sheepherders"...
...
I think I need sleep, too.
User avatar
Mae
Young and Foolish
Young and Foolish
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:37 pm
Location: Hiding under your couch.

Postby Amon Star » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:05 pm

Mae wrote:
Hogan wrote:Also, there should be a surprise-update for a lot of Forumites soon... and no, I'm not talking about the escapades over at EOU ;)
*shakes fist*
The suspense!

... I just noticed something. "Forumites". Besides the more obvious (and probably intended) use of the term... could it also be perceived to be "forum mites"? As in little bugs, that crawl on forums? I know "shepherds" evolved from "sheepherders"...
...
I think I need sleep, too.
I like the way you think. :D
Amon Star
Hardened Rookie
Hardened Rookie
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:20 am

Postby Turnsky » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:30 pm

don't mind me, i'll just be... over there.. :twisted:
User avatar
Turnsky
Hardened Rookie
Hardened Rookie
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:19 pm

Postby Hogan » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:16 am

And while we wait for me to tackle the coloring of the Author, here's an example of what the references you have provided ALSO have been used for ;)

If something's amiss or you can fill out some of the emoty gabs, let me know.
Avatar is Hogan cameoing in Misfits of Mischief by ROAR
User avatar
Hogan
DM of Deities
 
Posts: 3627
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 10:38 pm
Location: Denmark, Kingdom of Adventures

Postby KAMics » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:30 pm

Hogan wrote:emoty gabs

*snicker*

Empty Gaps, I assume. 8)
The KAMics - Comic
The KAMics - Comic Mirror
KAMic's Kast - Who's Who
KAM's Fanart - Fanart
KAM's Books - My work in print
User avatar
KAMics
#1 CameoWhore
#1 CameoWhore
 
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:15 pm
Location: Locked in a trunk somewhere

Postby Stardrake » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:22 pm

Amon Star wrote:
Mae wrote:
Hogan wrote:Also, there should be a surprise-update for a lot of Forumites soon... and no, I'm not talking about the escapades over at EOU ;)
*shakes fist*
The suspense!

... I just noticed something. "Forumites". Besides the more obvious (and probably intended) use of the term... could it also be perceived to be "forum mites"? As in little bugs, that crawl on forums? I know "shepherds" evolved from "sheepherders"...
...
I think I need sleep, too.
I like the way you think. :D
The Guy Behind The Keyboard wrote:I'm sure the Overlords would, too...
User avatar
Stardrake
Petty Toddler
Petty Toddler
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:17 am

Postby ChroniclerC » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:45 am

Hogan wrote:And while we wait for me to tackle the coloring of the Author, here's an example of what the references you have provided ALSO have been used for ;)

If something's amiss or you can fill out some of the emoty gabs, let me know.

I'd bet that #13 would be Author-Chuthulu (Bunny, Author-Man). Knee-jerk reaction says that #21 might be Lomgren (Bunny) except that it's completely the wrong size (which could be chalked up to artist error, or I could just be wrong).
User avatar
ChroniclerC
Young and Foolish
Young and Foolish
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:25 am

Postby Hogan » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:18 pm

I agree with you (and Littlebeast in the Tagbox) CC... #13 got to be Author Cthulhu! As for Lomgren, KAM may be able to answer that one...

Also, finally got to make used on most of the references posted here and got the following two strips colored and online:

http://eou.comicgenesis.com/d/20070814.html - Introducing DaveK, Hydragon and Roonstown

http://eou.comicgenesis.com/d/20070815.html - Introducing Author

I'm sorry to say I couldn't do justice to Author's picture of reference, I simply dare not try my hands at shadows and shades at this point... perhaps later...

Thanks for the help with the references!
Avatar is Hogan cameoing in Misfits of Mischief by ROAR
User avatar
Hogan
DM of Deities
 
Posts: 3627
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 10:38 pm
Location: Denmark, Kingdom of Adventures

Postby Amon Star » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:08 pm

Stardrake wrote:
Amon Star wrote:
Mae wrote:
Hogan wrote:Also, there should be a surprise-update for a lot of Forumites soon... and no, I'm not talking about the escapades over at EOU ;)
*shakes fist*
The suspense!

... I just noticed something. "Forumites". Besides the more obvious (and probably intended) use of the term... could it also be perceived to be "forum mites"? As in little bugs, that crawl on forums? I know "shepherds" evolved from "sheepherders"...
...
I think I need sleep, too.
I like the way you think. :D
The Guy Behind The Keyboard wrote:I'm sure the Overlords would, too...
:twisted: I have stated before my regret that character Amon refused to join the good guys.
Amon Star
Hardened Rookie
Hardened Rookie
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:20 am

Postby KAMics » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:39 pm

21 & 31 were based on figures in the final panel of this comic http://eou.comicgenesis.com/d/20070806.html

Maybe Ti-Phil knows who they are?
The KAMics - Comic
The KAMics - Comic Mirror
KAMic's Kast - Who's Who
KAM's Fanart - Fanart
KAM's Books - My work in print
User avatar
KAMics
#1 CameoWhore
#1 CameoWhore
 
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:15 pm
Location: Locked in a trunk somewhere

Postby Amon Star » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:36 am

KAMics wrote:21 & 31 were based on figures in the final panel of this comic http://eou.comicgenesis.com/d/20070806.html

Maybe Ti-Phil knows who they are?
31 look like Mega-Man to be honest, so could be Mega-Man from Too Many Authors.
Amon Star
Hardened Rookie
Hardened Rookie
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:20 am

PreviousNext

Return to Crossover Wars

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron