EO Epilogue/Prologue - Time of the Thingies

This is the shared forum for all the comic and events of the 2007 webcomic event of the Crossover Wars.

Postby Stardrake » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:47 pm

Well, I know I wouldn't want to try going one-on-one against a Fanworks...

Now Misfits Grandma, on the other hand... but then you're starting to get to the other end of the pendulum. To get a stalemate with two sides that are at war with each other and cohabiting a planet, you need them both to have roughly equivalent levels of power... and to have either no nuke-level weapons or an agreement by both sides (written or unwritten) not to use them.
Stardrake
Petty Toddler
Petty Toddler

Postby Ti-Phil » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:56 am

The technology is just a little more advance than ours, and this, on both side. But neither humans nor dragons had the technology for space travels (not enough ressources).

When the Editor invaded Zone 403, he now had a forteress with enough ressources to conquer spaces and webcomic alike. (And with drone cheap labor, it's not that costly).
What..free publicity cannot harm anyone...right?
Ti-Phil
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Postby fesworks » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:55 am

Stardrake wrote:Well, I know I wouldn't want to try going one-on-one against a Fanworks...

For a second, I though you said "a Fesworks", Which made me think you posted in the wronf thread since Hogan threatened to beat people up with ME if they beat my record of Cameos and Crossovers in a single, multiple panel comic strip page.

... but I digress :P
fesworks
Charging Knight
Charging Knight

Postby Ti-Phil » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:45 pm

fesworks wrote:
Stardrake wrote:Well, I know I wouldn't want to try going one-on-one against a Fanworks...

For a second, I though you said "a Fesworks", Which made me think you posted in the wronf thread since Hogan threatened to beat people up with ME if they beat my record of Cameos and Crossovers in a single, multiple panel comic strip page.

Now, why would the Overlords want to control an Author who could summon 60 cameos in a single strip? Hmmm?
Ti-Phil
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Postby Hogan » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:29 am

Ti-Phil wrote:
fesworks wrote:

Now, why would the Overlords want to control an Author who could summon 60 cameos in a single strip? Hmmm?

So they could hand him over to me and gain my eternal gratitude and cooperation? :twisted:
Avatar is Hogan cameoing in Misfits of Mischief by ROAR
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby Amon Star » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:14 pm

On the subject of the latest comic, this does not bode well for the protagonists. That Chancellor look for to fond of the idea of being in charge. Forma randomly turning up & 'healing' the king is unlikely to sit well with him.
Amon Star
Hardened Rookie
Hardened Rookie

Postby fesworks » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:55 pm

Ti-Phil wrote:
fesworks wrote:

Maybe its because he CAN do that.
fesworks
Charging Knight
Charging Knight

Postby ShadowBlade » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:04 pm

Amon Star wrote:On the subject of the latest comic, this does not bode well for the protagonists. That Chancellor look for to fond of the idea of being in charge. Forma randomly turning up & 'healing' the king is unlikely to sit well with him.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but the King does say (in French) that the chancellor is a traitor.

So, why does the King even speak a twisted version of French anyway? ^_^
ShadowBlade
Awestruck Listener
Awestruck Listener

Postby Hogan » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:14 pm

Actually.... that hasn't been mentioned before, but given that Phil is French-Canadian it actually doesn't surprise me... nice spotted btw :D

What it means for the story I cannot even guess on, but taking Phil into consideration, it wouldn't surprise me if there's a twist behind it...

Zworgue HAS been cursing in Quebecian at one point IIRC :P
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby Ti-Phil » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:51 pm

Ah! I see someone figured out my little trick with the king! He is using phonetic french! Now does it relates to the story or this comic world in general? Well, you'll just need to figure it out as the story advance!
Ti-Phil
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Re: EO Epilogue/Prologue - Time of the Thingies

Postby Keybounce » Fri May 14, 2010 7:15 pm

Bumpy.

As I don't speak french, (so that's what it is), I have a translation question.

http://eou.comicgenesis.com/d/20080419.html
What is the door saying?

I think:
Verification <unknown>
Identity accepted. Welcome to the <unknown> resurrection.

===
Are the guardians of the "present" (when The Editor acquires Zworgue) and the guardians of the "past" (like "Fred") one and the same? Yes, they don't look the same, but something from another dimension doesn't have to look the same on arrival (eg: Cara.)
"So my Mom left me a huge heap of molding, rotten, decaying, puss-dripping zombies ... How cool is that?"

"So what is your advice to me?"
"Stop doing stupid crap."
Keybounce
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Postby Keybounce » Fri May 14, 2010 7:20 pm

Ohh ...

If these are evolving programs, then,

Is this Tierra?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tierra_%28 ... ulation%29

===
http://eou.comicgenesis.com/d/20080216.html

Now, where have we seen that design before ...
(Never mind, the droids were X's, not +'s.)

===
http://eou.comicgenesis.com/d/20080705.html

It's The Editor. What's he doing way back then?

===
http://eou.comicgenesis.com/d/20090516.html
Mime louder?
Rofl.
"So my Mom left me a huge heap of molding, rotten, decaying, puss-dripping zombies ... How cool is that?"

Keybounce
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Postby Keybounce » Fri May 14, 2010 9:14 pm

(Almost caught up now)
http://eou.comicgenesis.com/d/20091017.html

Netscape not important? Well, this is a time of old, so I guess so.
Still, that looks like some pretty impressive security, especially for older sites.

Hmm, what's the webserver?

Still ... kinda reminded of ReBoot.

===
Alright, I'm caught up. And, confused.
http://eou.comicgenesis.com/d/20100410.html
The ancients -- probably our descendants in 200-400 years -- ruined the world with a major war, and came up with a bunch of strange plans to fix things. None were high probability of success, so they do all of them. (What resources!). One was this digital recreation and fixing of the world ... how? Well, however it happened, these digital "makers" and their mutation / evolvee children were to make the world habitable again. And tails would appear at birth when this was finished, so that the ancients could return. (Hmm, sounds complicated. Ask the mice for a simpler solution next time).

However, Jason is now telling Forma that this would have happened, except for the morals of these guardian programs -- and they can make a duplicate of the world, without the thingies.

Forma then states: "Without knowing that bit, one could have made a grave mistake".

I am all the way up to May 8th, and still not understanding this. Can we get a clarification (probably next weekend at this point, right?)

(Now, to go back and read the Fellback/Celine story.)

Keybounce
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Postby Keybounce2 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:09 am

Can I please get a clarification of Oct 23 and Oct 30?
Until November 12, this is me.
Keybounce2
Young and Foolish
Young and Foolish

Postby Hogan » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:26 am

Keybounce2 wrote:Can I please get a clarification of Oct 23 and Oct 30?

Well, Dr. Catastrophe used his cybernetic interface to contact Celine through the visual interface of the Droid Adam. Celine was troubled by recent events somewhere infiltrated by the EOU forces, so the good Doctor tried to calm her down and reassure her.

Clarifiction? :)
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby Ti-Phil » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:38 am

It's an "in-between" chapter thing I do ever since I started the Volet.
Ti-Phil
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Postby Keybounce2 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:51 am

Alright.

On the 23rd she's talking about harvesting an unlimited supply of resources. (Is that a WoW reference?)

On the 30th, she's talking about a different group with the same name, and her father is pointing out that with the Editor down, that group is gone.

So, what are these two (location, and new group). Also, what is their home comic?
Until November 12, this is me.
Keybounce2
Young and Foolish
Young and Foolish

Postby Hogan » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:07 pm

I... think the general consus and comments on the tagboard pointed towards the references being to a certain online game, Star Pirates to be more exact...
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby Keybounce » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:03 pm

Ok, after a very long absence from web comics, I spent way too much time today catching up on both "side stories".

I no longer think that they are just side stories.

First: Both the "prologue" and the "epilogue" have characters Fred, and Jason. Equally, Fred is shown to look the same in both. And, while the whole thing with the "thingnies" is about data-space as a way to repair meat-space through simulation (... I won't pretend that I understand how that would work ...), and there was a lot of issues with data recovery and backup in that story, there was also the whole thing where the "american gothic" of the epilogue turned out to be a backup, and the attacker at the end was reporting the percentage amount of data damage done ...

I'm now at the point of thinking that this world, probably around the time that Aggie stopped drawing, became a data backup simulation, in the same ... "meta-computer" (needs a better name) that the thingnie world was in, ...

Which brings up an interesting point: we have reports being sent from this simulation world to The Editor.

And, while I know that The Editor was resting/recovering in MM's world, I thought he had left it in a later MM episode.

I have not yet read CrossoverLord or CrossoverKill, but it looks like we are soon to see part 4 of the wars, with The Editor back, and recovering the various members of the gang. And, he's no fool -- he'll have learned and be even nastier.

(By the way: In the comic, it is "thingnie", with a second n; in this thread, it is "thingie", without the extra n. Which is the correct name?)

Oh yea -- it's been almost a full year, and it doesn't look like it actually came to an end; will we see more of the prologue?

Keybounce
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Postby Ti-Phil » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:36 am

Yeah, I will eventually finish the prologue, alas, the 5 coloured page for the Volet's 500th comic took a lot longer than I had expected (then again, working full time at a shoe repair place takes a lot of comicing time).

Here's a few informations :

Deceptions' world : It was a prison comic, some characters were drawn in and there Deccy would have lived until eventually he would have faded into hiatus. It was based on Aggie's comic.

Claria, Fred, Cara : Those who controls the world regeneration program, in Time of the thingies they were monitoring the digitalized version of the world until it's ressources would be resplenished and, then brought back to the reality.... then Zworgue broke Jason, Cara was turned off, Fred was running around and Claria was stuck filling in for Jason to insure the program doesn't collapse.

Victoria and Edward : The Editor's doppleganger as mentionned here (http://eou.comicgenesis.com/d/20070124.html) who were in American Gothic but got "copied" when Aggie created the prison comic. One desire freedom, the other to see the world burn.

As for what happened to the Editor after MM emprisonned him.. this is unknown to me, same for what happened to Zworgue after Alpha captured him and Forma.
Ti-Phil
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

PreviousNext

Return to Crossover Wars